By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I picked up darksiders 2 today..

siddhartha87 said:
mii-gamer said:
Good game. A poor man's alternative to Zelda

While its absolutely true that Darksiders 1 gameplay element were "inspired" by Zelda. The comment is absolutely not true in the case Darksiders 2 which is designed with more focus on Rpg elements especially with its gear system, side quests etc.

In any case they are both great games and do certain things better than zelda imo, especially lore and combat.

I disagree. Darksiders 2 was more "Zelda" in design than the first, which leaned a bit towards God of War

Around the Network

its pretty fun

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
mii-gamer said:

Hmm... no. At least 3D Zelda games have nice puzzle design (sometimes archaic, but still...), while Darksiders II's puzzles consist too many times in that giant ball that you have to move in order to take it somewhere and help opening doors and that kind of stuff; other puzzles are too simple, even more simple. Now, combat is very different to Zelda games, it's faster and more similar to a hack n' slash title and also features a crafting system, where you can grab stuff that defeated enemies leave. Zelda games do this too... but not at that level of complexity.

Darksiders II also involves platforming, Zelda games rarely do this (although Skyward Sword kinda uses it too) and Vigil's game is too linear. Now that I think about it, Darksiders II is kinda similar to Skyward Sword, but for some reason the second one feels better.

Darksiders II is good, but not very comparable to 3D Zelda entries, at least the classic ones.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I loved the first one, plan on getting the second one soon.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I liked it.

I wouldnt say its perfect, it definitly could use improvements and more characters, but it flowed pretty well.

Around the Network

Played it for 3 hours then put it away and never touched it again.

I've had it for ages but yet to play it. Glad to hear it is a good game. Will try to play this soon.

I've been looking for it in stores, but it seems to be all gone now - at least for the Wii U. I've only found copies on Amazon, and even there they only have 3 copkes left.

I played the first game on PC, but really wanna play this one on a console

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I didn´t play it, but the first one was boring as hell for me, very repetitive. Don´t know how much better is the second part.

mii-gamer said:

It is an excellent alternative for every Zelda fan, especially for those that want a more "mature", "dark" and "gritty" Zelda. 

It does start slow with a lot of boring "corridors", but it will become better later on.