By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN And Xbox Live Are Down (Update Again)

PSN still offline For me. Screw online, I'm staying offline for good now. I won't renew PS plus and there's no way in hell I'm ever gonna buy a game digital again. Back to the roots, No internet, just Discs, just like in The good old days of PS1!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Talal said:
The Fury said:

They can be that simple, my company experience the same situations but not DDoS attacks, just through user visiting the website. We don't have the funding MS or Sony have but I'm guessing the level these idiots are doing this is far higher than what we ever get and sometimes it can take hours to fix and can cause unknown issues. This is just people hitting the site, taking up bandwidth.

This is not MS or Sony's fault so stop blaming them.

People are paying for these services. A few times sure it's fine, but when it happens multiple times then they really need to find a solution to this problem.

Well yah but at the same time it did not happen that often. I remember Live being down for like a day at some point and some outage here and their (few hours). Not bad if you ask me compared to some other online service (like Netflix, etc...). I have seen Netflix offline or not working way more often than Live. Also even if it was down for a day, today the service is working (slow sometime, but working).

DDOS cannot be countered that easily if it is well done, no matter what some people may believe. And this is the reason why even Amazon S3 and other serivce like Azure are still vulnerable to an extend. When this happen, what they can do better than other is to respond quickly to the treat and counter it/mitigate it right away but there is not way prevent it in advance. Microsoft did exactly that, so I do not see why we should blame them.

OdinHades said:
PSN still offline For me. Screw online, I'm staying offline for good now. I won't renew PS plus and there's no way in hell I'm ever gonna buy a game digital again. Back to the roots, No internet, just Discs, just like in The good old days of PS1!

Seconded, but how the $+&% to play games like titanfall or Destiny offline? One for the philosophers.

make the company suffer, not the subscribers imo

posted by phone so excuse the snafu's por favor

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I and a lot of people on reddit are

psn is up. not that it matters to me anyways because I've been playing Dragon Age.

OP updated.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/29/7464655/psn-down-playstation-network-intermittent-connectivity-issues its still down for quite alot of people

PSN Up, Destiny Down.

Bravo Universe.

Xbox Live Status: Social and Gaming Limited.
Affected platforms: Xbox 360

PSN Status: Heavy Network Traffic.

Here we go again?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5