By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Interview faces serious piracy issues

riderz13371 said:
Why does it matter? These companies can try to do whatever they want to stop pirating, it the end it doesn't matter. People will always find a way.

Right, but the point is that the way is often a little more complicated than right-click "Save As."

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

DRM, no DRM. What difference does it make? Even with the DRM, a quick google search will get you a torrent of the film anyway.

Areym said:
Looks like I just saved $6
aaaaah yeeeeeaah

You didn't think the film would be pirated?

I sometimes wonder whether I am too old for this site.

Mr Khan said:
riderz13371 said:
Why does it matter? These companies can try to do whatever they want to stop pirating, it the end it doesn't matter. People will always find a way.

Right, but the point is that the way is often a little more complicated than right-click "Save As."

Doesn't really matter, it would have taken just as little time to get the file and distribute it on torrent sites had it not had the right click save as. Trust me, it's not complicated to do.

michael_stutzer said:
Areym said:
aaaaah yeeeeeaah

Well, i knew it eventually would (or already did) but I figured for $6, I could just rent it, watch it, save me like $18 compared to tickets prices ( for two) and save me the hassle of finding the right one, virus free, etc. Now that I see how easy it will be pirated, I'll just wait it out.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:
michael_stutzer said:
Areym said:
aaaaah yeeeeeaah

Well, i knew it eventually would (or already did) but I figured for $6, I could just rent it, watch it, save me like $18 compared to tickets prices ( for two) and save me the hassle of finding the right one, virus free, etc. Now that I see how easy it will be pirated, I'll just wait it out.

It's pretty easy to tell if it's a virus or not...Couple things you look out for:

1) File size...If it's a 1080P movie and the file is like 50 MB...It's probably not the movie lol

2) # of seeders/leechers. Usually the most popular torrent for the movie is the one that is legit

3) Look at the user. If you click on the user and you can see he's uploaded a ton of other movies in the past, and people have been downloading them then he's legit. If someone just created the account a week ago and has only uploaded one movie then it's probably not legit.

Also, the movie is already out on torrent sites so you don't even need to wait it out.

riderz13371 said:
Areym said:
michael_stutzer said:
Areym said:
aaaaah yeeeeeaah

It's pretty easy to tell if it's a virus or not...Couple things you look out for:

1) File size...If it's a 1080P movie and the file is like 50 MB...It's probably not the movie lol

2) # of seeders/leechers. Usually the most popular torrent for the movie is the one that is legit

3) Look at the user. If you click on the user and you can see he's uploaded a ton of other movies in the past, and people have been downloading them then he's legit. If someone just created the account a week ago and has only uploaded one movie then it's probably not legit.

Also, the movie is already out on torrent sites so you don't even need to wait it out.

I usually go by seeders and leechers, probably the easiest way to see how legit it is. Time to go watch what all the fuzz is about then.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Just look at the reddit frontpage right now, it has a thread with a simple link to a 1080p stream of the movie.

And while I would not act like I'd never pirate a movie I get utterly disgusted when people try to justify it and that thread is full of people like that: "I can't access the official streams from my country, so me stealing this is totally fine", pathetic. Having to otherwise wait does not legitimize taking something for free, so just admit that you're cheap and want to watch the movie for free and stop acting like you don't have another choice.

I kinda figured this would happen

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

fluky-nintendy said:
I wonder how kim jong yun feels about this

the question is how will he feel when the world clues in to the fact that he wasn't trying to stop the film because it lampooned him but because it is an actual real life documentry .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot