By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Interview faces serious piracy issues

All those link sharing and stuff seems so complicated. I just pirated it the regular way...

Around the Network

Yeah this doesnt change a thing, we were never paying for it regardless... well I know I wasnt, good movie btw =P

Burek said:
All those link sharing and stuff seems so complicated. I just pirated it the regular way...

The link sharing thing wasn't the main point, the main point was that anyone that wanted to could download the movie, and thus put it out on the interwebz for pirates to use.

It would've been pirated regardless, but they make it literally availible to download so that pirates can share it.

Teeqoz said:
Burek said:

The link sharing thing wasn't the main point, the main point was that anyone that wanted to could download the movie, and thus put it out on the interwebz for pirates to use.

It would've been pirated regardless, but they make it literally availible to download so that pirates can share it.

Why spend millions of dollars trying to block it, when everyone knows it will be broken in a matter of hours anyway?

People who pirate movies would have never paid for them anyway. The loss from piracy is lower that the cost to fight piracy. It's like installing a $100.000 alarm system to protect a $50.000 house...

I will download it, without paying :D

Around the Network

My folks are already watching it via their TV connected to the laptop, I ain't even bothered about watching it really but fighting piracy costs way more money in the end.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Burek said:
Teeqoz said:
Burek said:

Why spend millions of dollars trying to block it, when everyone knows it will be broken in a matter of hours anyway?

People who pirate movies would have never paid for them anyway. The loss from piracy is lower that the cost to fight piracy. It's like installing a $100.000 alarm system to protect a $50.000 house...

It doesn't cost millions of dollars to remove the feature to "download as" when you right-click...

It's more like using those 5 extra seconds it takesto lock your door, instea of leaving it wide open with a sign saying "Please come and steal from me! The door is unlocked!"

It's not a big deal at all. Every single movie is available on torrent websites immediately after release either digitally or physically. They made pirates job a little easier, but yeah no big deal.

This is so it can get pirated by the Chinese, and subsequently smuggled into the DPRK (where there's a decent market for smuggled, pirated Chinese DVDs)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Why does it matter? These companies can try to do whatever they want to stop pirating, it the end it doesn't matter. People will always find a way.