By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Wii Sports get bundled?

Are this VGChartz sales really true or are they also counting the bundles? o.O

Around the Network

Definitely bundled. Definitely the sales are true. Honestly, even without the bundle I think the sales would have been staggering. WiiSports was a $20 game that single handedly sold $249 dust collectors.

WiiSports was included with almost all Wiis in its first few years everywhere but in Japan I believe.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

LMFAO.
Of course it was. I mean that's what sold the Wii. It was it's killer app.

I don't understand why they wouldn't be counting bundles.

Around the Network

Interesting, so GTA V could be in the future the best selling game of alltime? (of course without Wii Sports, we shouldn't count it)

Dr.Vita said:
Interesting, so GTA V could be in the future the best selling game of alltime? (of course without Wii Sports, we shouldn't count it)

Yup.

Of course some argue that each version is a different GAME and that if we include them all together we should add all sales of Mario Kart in 7th gen together (as an example).

But yeah that's silly and wrong. GTAV will be the best non bundled game of all time if it isn't already.

Seece said:
Dr.Vita said:

Yup.

Of course some argue that each version is a different GAME and that if we include them all together we should add all sales of Mario Kart in 7th gen together (as an example).

But yeah that's silly and wrong. GTAV will be the best non bundled game of all time if it isn't already.

Wait how is Wii Sports different versions? It's the first game that was bundled with the system. Then later on, sold alone in other places. But Japan sold it alone from the start. As long as you're not talking about Resort. It's the same game. Regardless how it was bundled or not.

Wii Sports was the holy grail of system sellers. I didn't get into that hype though.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

archer9234 said:
Seece said:
Dr.Vita said:

Yup.

Wait how is Wii Sports different versions? It's the first game that was bundled with the system. Then later on, sold alone in other places. But Japan sold it alone from the start. As long as you're not talking about Resort. It's the same game. Regalrdess how it was bundled or not.

What? I'm talking about GTAV ...