By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Give me ONE reason Nintendo shouldn't go 3rd party.

DerpSandwich said:
Scanning thread. Not detecting any actually good arguments. Agree with OP.

Read it again.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Fusioncode said:
WolfpackN64 said:

So? Nintendo did great last time and Sony lost a lot of money then. A lot can change over a generation.

The Wii was lightning in a bottle, I don't think it can be repeated. 

Keeping the lightning is wat counts. Sony and Microsoft can F* it up just as quickly. And Nintendo is still profitable, they'll stick around. And their online is free ^^

Huh? What are you disagreeing with?

The Lightning bit. Being succesful in the tech world means striking lightning constantly since the sector evolves so quickly.

MohammadBadir said:
DerpSandwich said:
Scanning thread. Not detecting any actually good arguments. Agree with OP.

Read it again.

You read it again.

See how that works both ways?

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Nintendo's quality of games comes from the time they take, if they went third party they would be pressured by other hardware developers to meet deadlines and push out software faster.

This would result in poor quality Nintendo games. This is something nobody wants.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

I love how people suggest that the N64, GCN, and now Wii U were all abysmal failures... There's a reason Nintendo is still in the game (hint: they weren't going totally broke before the Wii came out). Nintendo is very good at making money. 

Let's just let that sink in for a moment.

The N64 made money, the GCN made money, and the Wii U is now making money. Obviously, the original Wii was an all-out  cash cow. During all those years, Nintendo's portables GBA-3DS have been very profitable as well. 

Nintendo has control of their products and their business model doesn't force them to bleed a billion dollars every generation (M$). They have no need to go third-party. The only people that helps are Microsoft and Sony - not Nintendo. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

Most of their systems feel kind of cheap.

*cough cough*

Btw: The argument: "you wouldn't have to buy a Nintendo console", is full of shit. You'd still have to buy an Xbox One or a PS4 and, as shocking as it might sound, some people don't want to buy either of those consoles.

Here is an analysis about why Nintendo needs both hardware AND software:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=740455

TLDR - Nintendo have profit (not only revenue like the others) from one business only: they need the money from ALL of their sales - hardware+ software + peripherals + online - to make a living.

ghost_of_fazz said:
Fusioncode said:

Give me ONE reason Nintendo shouldn't go 3rd party.

They don't need to.

We have a WINNER^

I would rather they keep making consoles but makes some much needed changes. They are so behind in so many area's. They didn't do very much with Wii that I liked. They decided ahhh fudge it, it's selling, let's not try to keep up pace with the world of gaming. I agree they do some things great but I'm actually upset with them, Damn you Nintendo, give me a new super Metroid and all is good.

Just because a sony fanboy want It, there are more chances Sony going third party, having that big money lost -read here, the interview, psvita-