By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Give me ONE reason Nintendo shouldn't go 3rd party.

Cobretti2 said:
because it pisses poor people off who can't afford more than one console. I need them tears to keep me alive.

I'm starting to notice that all of your posts are like this.

Around the Network

they can't sell theire Hardware anymore, what is one of theire main Profit Driver

but that's really the only one

Fusioncode said:
WolfpackN64 said:

So? Nintendo did great last time and Sony lost a lot of money then. A lot can change over a generation.

The Wii was lightning in a bottle, I don't think it can be repeated. 

This is based on......... your feelings?  

They introduced something new and fun that people liked and purchased.  Nope, I'm sure that could never happen again. *eye roll

tbone51 said:

Nintendo has a Successful next gen Handheld, why if to leave HC (as your op suggest) not gofull out on the next HH instead with Nintendo's Software? That would be huge as all the focus would be on it instead of being split.

I think that putting their money on handhelds wouldn't be wise. The home console market is in way better shape, while the portable one is plummeting. A handheld is unfortunately a hard to sell when compared to a smartphone, except for a small niche (guys like us :D).

The whole concept of handhelds was having something to play quickly on the go and smartphones simply have more games that can be played this way.

marley said:
Fusioncode said:
WolfpackN64 said:

So? Nintendo did great last time and Sony lost a lot of money then. A lot can change over a generation.

The Wii was lightning in a bottle, I don't think it can be repeated. 

They introduced something new and fun that people liked and purchased.  Nope, I'm sure that could never happen again. *eye roll

The success of the Wii isn't something that's easily repeated. It's not like the SNES to the NES, or the PS2 to the PS1. The Wii audience left console gaming which makes it difficult to create a follow up. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Cobretti2 said:
because it pisses poor people off who can't afford more than one console. I need them tears to keep me alive.

I'm starting to notice that all of your posts are like this.

truth be told i also wanted to use the F word but then I get a ban lol.

yolosan said:
they can't sell theire Hardware anymore, what is one of theire main Profit Driver

but that's really the only one

Its main profit drivers are software, controllers and peripherals. Hardware is just the barrier of entry, which is why it usually try to make it cheap.

1 reason?  

WiiU is now profitable in the console space. Yeah. There's that.

Nintendo is the best at what they do because they have complete control over every aspect of their games - from the controller, to the console to the development of the game. They design their consoles around the games, not the other way around. This is why they are constantly innovating the way we play.

Take Miyamoto's recent statement: "From early on, I wanted Mario to be that character in the digital world, so that with each digital evolution, he was there to usher in the next era. I think that maybe when we release the next hardware system, you can look forward to seeing Mario take on a new role or in a new game."

They are trying to design a console with a new take on games to evolve Mario even further. Remove Nintendo from the console race and we will see just how dull and uninspired these developers truly are.

marley said:

It can, but counting that you will find the next revolution every gen is a recipe for disaster. You need a consistent strategy to create a compelling console. Sony is usually very basic with their consoles and they achieved way more success this way. Sometimes evolution is better than revolution.

But the big issue is that most gaming companies have the habit of screwing up badly and that means a bad gen. It doesn't look that bad, but one single bad gen can be 5 or 7 years of awful sales. It's not like Samsung realeasing a bad Galaxy S: they can fix it next year. Atari, Sega, MS, Nintendo, they sometimes do things right and sometimes they screw up badly. Sony usually doesn't screw up, or at least they have a light screw up that is fixable mid-gen (PS3):

- Big screw ups: Atari 5200/7800, all Genesis add-ons, Saturn, N64, GC, Wii U, OG XBox

- Light screw ups: Dreamcast, PS3, X1