By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXV will revive SQ and the JRPG genre, will sell over 10 million on PS4 alone

I really hope it turns out to be a great game and I certainly hope it sells well but I doubt it'll sell 10 million.

Around the Network

10 million is too much, but maybe ps4 and xbox sales combined are close to 7-8 million

Absolutely no way.

Interest in the Final Fantasy series has been declining for years; http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=final%20fantasy

And home console sales are down in Japan which happens to be where most of the games sales will come from.

4-5m is more realistic.

The jrpg genre don't need to be "revived", especially with persona 5 next year (and a lot of others).

S.T.A.G.E. said:

MS is going to need to commission some third party jrpgs like they did last genight to get the jrugs to sell have what they sell on the ps4 this gen.

They can't. They could only get some jrpg for the 360 because the console was here before the ps3, and especially because the ps3 was a flop in the beginning, with a lot of problems.

And these games didn't even sell correctly on 360, Namco nearly died because of tales of vesperia low sales, the CEO already said it "Never again, i will do the same mistake".

And i don't even talk about sales in japan for the 360 against Xone...

Around the Network

Well, the FFXV interest also comes from people who had little interest in the franchise...like me. Even though I have never really played a whole FF game and never felt interested to with FF Type 0 and FF XV, both games that I truly want, my interest in the franchise has awoken.

Still 10 million seems difficult but if the game receives genuine praise I can see it do 7 million retail. Depending on sales and digital it may do even better

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Very nice prediction!

The guy who made this thread is obviously delusional, it might reach 6-7m combined sales PS4/XBO & that's it, some people mostly young in age think that because they get excited when they watch trailers from FFXV because it have pretty graphics & Advent Children-like combat the same apply to any FF fan out there, well that's not true, not every FF fan out there is hyped like some of you who find FFXV so cool, me especially I'm not excited in the slightest & I don't like that battle system at all, I prefer turn based battle system over this button mashing shit ala-KH FFXV have anyday because I like to use my brain during battles & use a strategy not just spam buttons on everything moving around in order to win.

not a bad prediction, dude.

I agree with you, 15 looks amazing.

rpgmaniac said:
The guy who made this thread is obviously delusional, it might reach 6-7m combined sales PS4/XBO & that's it, some people mostly young in age think that because they get excited when they watch trailers from FFXV because it have pretty graphics & Advent Children-like combat the same apply to any FF fan out there, well that's not true, not every FF fan out there is hyped like some young FF fans who find FFXV "cool" me especially I'm not excited at all & I don't like that battle system at all I prefer turn based battle system over this button mashing shit ala-KH FFXV have anyday because I like to use my brain during battles & use a strategy not just spam buttons on everything moving around in order to win.

FFXIII sold 7m with a rather mixed reception from fans. Not only that but it went on to sell another 1m a year after release. To say that FFXV cant sell over 7m is you being uninformed or just blind hate for the game.