By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best 2D platformer on Wii U?

Tagged games:

?

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 198 55.77%

New Super Mario Bros U 46 12.96%

Rayman Legends 67 18.87%

Shovel Knight 28 7.89%

Other (Please specify) 16 4.51%

Total:355

I've played none of those!!! 2D platformers should be played on handhelds in almost every instance. That's where I play mine.

Around the Network

Retail - NSMBU, hands down, even though I still think NSMBWii was a better game.

eShop - Until it is dethroned, Shovel Knight, by a country mile, and that is with many other great 2D/side scrolling games on eShop already, also.

I voted for Tropical Freeze...
It's quite possibly my GOTY 2014...
I still have to play Shovel Knight...

Have a nice day...

Skullwaker said:

Tropical Freeze because I think it is just the most refined game out of them all. Also, it's visually stunning and there's quite a bit of replay value. Although Rayman Legends is a close runner up for me (I haven't played Shovel Knight yet, so there's that).

Edit: And it gave me quite a bit of trouble due to the difficulty, which I can really respect. Not many games go out of their way to provide a real challenge anymore.

Tropical Freeze  and  visually stunning shouldn't be in same post :p 

mophinz said:
Skullwaker said:

Tropical Freeze because I think it is just the most refined game out of them all. Also, it's visually stunning and there's quite a bit of replay value. Although Rayman Legends is a close runner up for me (I haven't played Shovel Knight yet, so there's that).

Edit: And it gave me quite a bit of trouble due to the difficulty, which I can really respect. Not many games go out of their way to provide a real challenge anymore.

In fact, it has amazing visuals.

Around the Network
mophinz said:
Skullwaker said:

But it is. It's a beautiful game.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Donkey Kong.

Rayman is good too, but not a huge fan of the style. I dislike NSMBU's controls.

My 8th gen collection

Anything that isn't 2D Mario Of Duty: Uninspired Warfare.

I'm now filled with determination.

spemanig said:
I've played none of those!!! 2D platformers should be played on handhelds in almost every instance. That's where I play mine.

And as a result you're missing out on quality games

Donkey Kong for me.