By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What do you think of Idris Elba as James Bond?

Carl2291 said:
padib said:

I'm kind of done with Daniel Craig honestly. I'm a bit annoyed that his contract spans over 5 movies. Pierce was a good bond and he only got 3.

It is what it is. I thought Daniel Craig was a good novelty but he's a bit one-dimensional in bond movies. (I've seen him in The Jacket, he plays a good crazy man, but in Bond he's kind of one-dimensional)

Pierce got 4 films, but I am all for totally removing Die Another Day from my mind if thats what we are doing.

I was going to reply with the exact same thing. The only good thing about Die Another Day was Rosamund Pike.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

I think he would be perfect for it right now.

That said, in 6-10 Years time we will be looking at a whole new set of actors who could potentially take hold of the character.

That's very true.

I think Daniel Craig is perfect as him right now and for the future I don't think Sony should jump the gun with any current actors. As Carl said, there'll be a whole new set by that time.

I'm not a fan of Bond movies, but the character of Bond should always be a white British male. It wouldn't surprise me to see it happen, though. They did make Annie black.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

padib said:

I'm getting tired of Daniel Craig to be honest. Skyfall was good (mostly because I like Javier Bardem), but I don't think I'll watch the next one.

I can see where you have found boredom in Craig's performance, but if the next director allows Craig to maybe infuse a little more emotion then that would spice things up. Even with Skyfall though he wasn't just a hard-ass character. Near the end when M dies you can tell something's up.

Stupid, I love him and have no issue with a black bond, but he is only being pushed as a bond candidate BECAUSE he is black. There will be other black actors in a decades time that would make more sense as well.

Around the Network
KingCherry said:
Tom Hardy or someone of that ilk... I think Blacks are getting more than their fair share of the limelight for what little they put in. Everything they do is pushed to the forefront, it's gone mad!

I read a few months back about a black organization in England ranting that English authors of children's stories should have more black children as the main character/s. Why? How about ethnic minorities start writing some children books, do we need to wet nurse them all the way? If they're so important and want equality, let them stand on their own two feet, they certainly get enough thrown at them in terms of money and support.

James Bond isn't, nor should he be black, it's just become ludicrous!

-_-......

Okay. Whatever dude. And that Blacks thrown in there really helps your point. 

Just came in to say Clooney could not be a bond.

KingCherry said:
Tom Hardy or someone of that ilk... I think Blacks are getting more than their fair share of the limelight for what little they put in. Everything they do is pushed to the forefront, it's gone mad!

I read a few months back about a black organization in England ranting that English authors of children's stories should have more black children as the main character/s. Why? How about ethnic minorities start writing some children books, do we need to wet nurse them all the way? If they're so important and want equality, let them stand on their own two feet, they certainly get enough thrown at them in terms of money and support.

James Bond isn't, nor should he be black, it's just become ludicrous!

Wow you're really racist AF and it shows with your shit post. 

I have no problem at all with Idris Alba being Bond. If M can be a woman then Bond can be black.

George Clooney being Bond? No effin' way. Why not Brad Pitt, or Johnny Depp, or Robert Downey while we're at it? At least we know they can do fake British accents. Commonwealth country actors only thanks (have to say that because Lazenby was an Aussie). I love George Clooney as an actor, but as Bond, no way.

It's not comparable with Blade or Superman, because those are graphic novel / comic book characters, so their images are set in stone. A blonde Superman would be just as anathema as a Superman of another race. Bond has no essential visual image. Then again, one day the world might be ready for a Japanese Superman. Superman is, after all an alien, which means he could probably use his superpowers to change his visage if he wanted to.

The one thing against Idris Alba, is the casual racism which demands that Bond always be white, because of reasons. That would potentially diminish the market for an Alba movie because of the "Bond must be white" crowd.

If the world was truly colourblind then then Bond's race would be a non-issue, as long as he's a Brit.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I like the actor and I can pretty much imagine his face on top a James Bond guy. so no problem with me.