By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why Is the American media so hellbent on pointing fingers. but become silent when it comes to allies?

NobleTeam360 said:
Our government isn't run by we the people anymore, it's run by a bunch of big banks who have no loyalties to the US.

that's true, but all the same good luck in some other country attempting to run your own small business successfully. at least in the USA literally you can start from scratch/nothing and end up succeeding still today. its getting harder to do so, but its a rare thing. move to Eastern Europe or South America or practically the whole continent of Asia/Africa and tell me how many 'freedoms' and 'opportunities' you have

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
Um, I hate to break it to you, but America isn't going to wars to pay off debt...it's going to wars to get more debt.

actually a larger war historically has helped the USA economy. millitary sector is ginormous, with the majority of the worlds largest military contracting companies being based in the states

war is generally good for the USA economy, as sad as that may be

Peacetime buildups say otherwise. Iraq and Afghanistan are two of the most recent US wars. They're also arguably large drags on the economy as well, with the side effect including higher oil prices.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Sony hack and Malaysia Airlines were acts of the government. The terrorists are not agencies of the Saudi govt. It's like blaming Ireland for the IRA. They're Irish so the Irish govt must be to blame right? Theys Arab Muslims so the Saudi Arabian govt must be to blame.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

A little research into politics and America's foreign policies should explain most of it.

I think this is something more common in human nature. When someone we don't know does something wrong we are quick to judge them and say they are bad. When someone close to us does the same thing we tend to be much more forgiving and willing to overlook their faults. Unfortunately we treat people unequally.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Cj2i3 said:

Oh boy Russia, lol the country that "annexes" a sovereign region in Georgia and Ukraine and seems ready to restart its conquest of Eastern Europe.

USA annexed soveign parts of serbia. And besides that ukraine and georgia broke up from the soviet union which was also against the sovereigny of the soviet union like america violated the sovereignty of britain 300 years ago.

I don't know what you're talking about with Serbia, but you seem to lack an understanding of both history and what soverignty means. First, while many Soviet Republics had declared their independence in 1990 and 1991, they all had one final meeting to formally dissolve the Soviet Union and declare themselves the Commonwealth of Independent States. So that breakup was perfectly legal. Second, America didn't violate Britain's sovernty. Since the British still considerd America to be their territory, it was more like a domestic dispute within the British Empire. That dispute came to an end in 1783 when the British Empire agreed to let America be free. If anything, the French were the ones who violated Britain's sovereignty since they were an outside force who participated in the American Revolution against the British. 

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Jon-Erich said:
Ruler said:
Cj2i3 said:

Oh boy Russia, lol the country that "annexes" a sovereign region in Georgia and Ukraine and seems ready to restart its conquest of Eastern Europe.

USA annexed soveign parts of serbia. And besides that ukraine and georgia broke up from the soviet union which was also against the sovereigny of the soviet union like america violated the sovereignty of britain 300 years ago.

I don't know what you're talking about with Serbia, but you seem to lack an understanding of both history and what soverignty means. First, while many Soviet Republics had declared their independence in 1990 and 1991, they all had one final meeting to formally dissolve the Soviet Union and declare themselves the Commonwealth of Independent States. So that breakup was perfectly legal. Second, America didn't violate Britain's sovernty. Since the British still considerd America to be their territory, it was more like a domestic dispute within the British Empire. That dispute came to an end in 1783 when the British Empire agreed to let America be free. If anything, the French were the ones who violated Britain's sovereignty since they were an outside force who participated in the American Revolution against the British. 

Nope they hadnt such a meeting. US violated Britains sovereignty, britain agreed to nothing, you won your indepence with war just like the people in donbass are fighting for. So france is resposible for american indepence ? lol so why arent you playing national hymne of france during independence day?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1787_in_the_United_States

You declared kosovo independent, its terriotory of serbia

mountaindewslave said:

'everyone's opinion of you is low' really? then why is the USA the most popular country in the world to move to / immigrate to? your logic doesn't exactly make sense

also OP if you are too naive to understand that the whole WORLD does not like or trust North Korea then you are hopeless. they constantly threaten to blow countries up with nonexistant weapons (they don't posess any real current military technology). also, sorry but its hilarious you say that the USA has no reason to be annoyed when North Korea hacks sony- when the hackers referenced "9-11" and implied that if a movie was released in the USA a similar event would occur. I can't believe you are too slow witted to realize you mentioned 911/terrorists and didn't realize the hackers mentioned this

also Russia invaded their neighbors extremely aggressively as soon as they heard that the Ukraine was strengthening ties with the European Union. they did so to secure influence in the region and also to maintain their grip on the strategic military/navy port in crimea to the Black Sea. shocker, they did a similar thing to Georgia (the country) a few years ago

aggresive and irresponsible countries do deserve fair judgement and in this case both countries are unfriendly and unfair in a lot of their international policy. The USA do act as world police to some degree which I understand deserves criticism and they like Russia or anyone else are after their own interests- but all the same your OP post is extremely stupid in its implied point that Russia and North Korea do not deserve the response they get from the United States. They really really do

-Nope there are various countries who are more popular than the US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_net_migration_rate

- US is not only threatening other countries its actually doing what north korea would like to do. You know like making war or now droning and spying which breaks international law constantly pretty much as well hacking other countries.

- you forget it were the crimean, abkhaz and south ossetian people who didnt want to live under ukrainian rule just like kovar albanians didnt want to live under serbia

- op implied that saudi arabia gets a free pass

bubblegamer said:
MoHasanie said:
Saudi Arabia is an evil country. They fund terrorists, their country is awful, and the royal family take all the country's money And then they act like they are trying to "stop" terrorism when they are the biggest funders of it.

So much generalizing! How can a country be evil?

The term that some US-president coined for that was rogue state, so Saudia Arabia is a rogue state.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

mountaindewslave said:

'everyone's opinion of you is low' really? then why is the USA the most popular country in the world to move to / immigrate to? your logic doesn't exactly make sense

Because you are surrounded by third world countries. Derp. I am the only foreigner in ths whole state that isn't from a third world country. And I'm right beside canada yet have never met a canadian. I'd also like to see your stats on most popular country to immigrate to. Thats a massive statement!