aikohualda said:
who is the single jew?

That question with your signature... Looks like you're hunting them down! XD

akhmenhawk said:
o_O.Q said:

quantum physics has shown that matter appears to be conscious

wat? source?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm

experiments with subatomic particles have been conducted that show different results depending on who observes the experiment

this implies that there is some type of reaction between the matter and the observer

it was incorrect of me to word that point like that though because it has not actually been conclusively proven

Soriku said:
VenatusRex said:

Actually, the meaning of life, why the universe was created was create our immortal souls to get to heaven to spend an eternity of love with God and our fellow inhabitents of heaven. There are eye witness testimonies to this you know.

This is a pretty lame meaning of life. And it seems to relate more to an afterlife than anything to do with this life. If God wanted to, he could've just made us live in heaven from the start.

You can find "eye witness testimonies" in like every religion. They mean nothing.

o_O.Q said:
now i'm not religious myself but what i find funny is the belief by atheists that they are any less manipulated than religious folk

it honestly makes me laugh when i see atheists talking down to religious people

and of course not all atheists are close minded but i've seen a lot that treat the science of our current era as dogma just like what they accuse the religious people of doing

quantum physics has shown that matter appears to be conscious

also at this point in time our instrumentation is able to measure less than 5% of the matter in the universe... the scientific community just calls the rest dark matter or energy at this point

i have a respect for science but i can't trust its wider conclusions on the universe when it can't even measure the vast majority of it

You say this like religions have anything credible to say regarding the universe. They were all created by people who knew very little of the universe and its mechanics. Science is our only method of understanding anything, and it will continue to improve.

well i'll give you an example of what i mean; today we laugh about how doctors a century ago used mercury which is a highly poisonous substance as a "miracle cure"

a century from now the same process is going to happen provided that we continue improving as we have been doing

meaning that our current understanding of the universe is going to be rejected as stupidity as our comprehension grows

btw science came out of religion or more specifically it came from philosophers who started the process of posing questions about the environment

these philosophers for the most part had a belief in god and layed the foundation for our understanding of the world today: plato, pythagoras, socrates, hermes etc etc etc 

the god they believed in though was not the god of the bible

Around the Network

Hylian

PEEPer0nni said:

Yep, you propably have the most intelligence in the world to know that there is no God. And these billions of people that believe in him are idiots. You da elite Uabit.

Most people also believed the Earth was flat and was the center of the universe. This argument holds no water.

Also last time I checked, billions of people believe in different gods, not a singular "him".

But there was a great amount of scienist, artist, and poets working for the Catholic Church. So the argument "the religion didn't do nothing good'', holds no water too. Every man that knows something about history, should be thankful to the CC for creating a amazing European culture. People who are anti religion are plenty ignorant.

I'm an atheist, though I have respect for anyone no matter what they believe in.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Soriku said:

Religion may have had its uses at the time, but it's largely outdated now, and I'd say it causes more harm than good in 2014.

I'd agree with religion as a whole, but I doubt God/s would approve of religions that cause harm.

Personally, the concept of an all powerful deity just isn't logical or believable to me.

I mean, the way I see it, if a deity is all powerful, can he create a rock so big he can't lift it? Can he create a square circle? If he's all knowing, why does he keep changing his mind? Why is the universe so full of things that are imperfect and unbalanced? Animals become extinct all the time, surely if they were designed by an all knowing, all powerful deity they wouldn't become obsolete and die out? 

But hey, to each their own. I'm not going to give anyone a hard time for believing differently, so long as they don't harass me about it.