By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega, Capcom or Konami, Who has more unused great series?

Who?

Sega 44 45.36%

Capcom 36 37.11%

Konami 17 17.53%

Total:97

Nintendo. :(

Around the Network
KingJowy said:

I'd def play 5 if I were you. I didn't much like 3 and 4 was odd but 5 I thought was the beginning of a return to form. Then the franchise died or whatever.

Yes, I hear S4 was the flop of the series. I actually own S3 so I'll try that out after I beat S2. But I'm seriously considering getting S5 because I'm liking what I've seen of it so far. It's unfortunate that the franchise died when it did but point is, I'm starting to become a pretty big Suikoden fan as I loved S1 and currently having a great time with S2. Here's hoping for Suikoden VI.

Konami.

Give me my Castlevania back. No not that Lords of Shadow garbage I want my metroidvanias.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I did enjoy 4 but I wonder if it was because Suikoden was in the title haha. Anyways, try 5 for sure. And let's all hope for Suikoden VI

I would say Sega, but Capcom is a close 2nd place! Konami also has some unused franchises, but I don't really care for many of them..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I'd say SEGA, but Capcom comes pretty close.

Capcom : Gargoyle's Quest

My first ever RPG. I would buy any console for that game if revitalized.

InnocentSin said:
tiffac said:
Although Konami has my favorite franchise of all time in Suikoden. I would have to say Sega (nobody kills a franchise like Sega).

Shenmue
Skies of Arcadia
Sakura Taisen
Valkyria Chronicles
Panzer Dragoon

Also, Capcom knows how to re-use their franchises (even if they kill some of the spin-offs, Oh! Megaman Legends 3). I mean BoF 6 is mobile and rumors of a Dino Crisis remake is floating around. So out of the 3, Capcom knows how to tap their franchises.

Just beat Suikoden 1 and currently playing S2. Have you played Suikoden 3-5? If so, what'd you think of them? Trying to get some opinions on whether I should play them because the fanbase gets pretty divisive over those games.

Yup, I played them all. S3 (sequel to 2) and 5 (prequel to 1) are great, 4 was not so great. Its the least favorite of mine in the series and is actually set like 100 years into the past.

Sega or Capcom. Probably Sega, because several of Capcom's greats are licensed or single games.

I'll have to say Sega, they have more IP's I'd like to play again and among the newer ones Valkyria Chronicles is one of the few reasons that made getting a PS3 not a complete waste of money for me.

That said, Suikoden is my favorite seires and the announcement of Suikoden VI exclusive for any console would trigger an instant buy of said console, I even stopped buying games developed or published by Konami when they let the series die.