By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Koji Kondo isn't doing the music for Zelda U, who should?

It has recently come to light that our lord Koji won't be blessing us with his musical chops this outing through the feilds of Hyrule.

While that's unfortunate, it's the reality of the situation, and we must look on to the future! Who should be in charge of Zelda U's music!? Koji actually hasn't been heavily involved in anything Zelda for quite some time, so Zelda can obviously live without him. My fear is that we'll get another soundtrack like the one found in SS, which was almost entirely forgetable and mediocre aside from a few standouts.

My vote goes to Ryo Nagamatsu, sole composer to the entire soundtrack of ALBW. Not only are his remixes superb, but his original pieces match and even surpass the originals. ALBW has my favorite soundtrack of any Zelda game, and I'd love to see what he could do in a Zelda game of this scope. There probably will be more than one composer, but I wish there was only one as it creates focus, and I wish it was him. Such talent.

What about you? Who do you want to compose Zelda U? 

Around the Network

Probably some of the same people that composed Skyward Sword, minus Kondo of course.  Like you mentioned they could also get Ryo Nagamatsu to contribute as well, composer of A Link Between Worlds. I'd be fine either way since ALBW & SS had great soundtracks.

My vote goes to Skrillex.

Get Rei Kondoh for those epic boss themes!!!!!!

But seriously both ALBW and SS had great soundtracks. Could have been better but still overall great.

Also some of the people that worked on the SmashFOR soundtrack did a great job and wouldnt mind some of them contributing too, but there are too many names to sort through from that game.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

spemanig said:

It has recently come to light that our lord Koji won't be blessing us with his musical chops this outing through the feilds of Hyrule.

While that's unfortunate, it's the reality of the situation, and we must look on to the future! Who should be in charge of Zelda U's music!? Koji actually hasn't been heavily involved in anything Zelda for quite some time, so Zelda can obviously live without him. My fear is that we'll get another soundtrack like the one found in SS, which was almost entirely forgetable and mediocre aside from a few standouts.

My vote goes to Ryo Nagamatsu, sole composer to the entire soundtrack of ALBW. Not only are his remixes superb, but his original pieces match and even surpass the originals. ALBW has my favorite soundtrack of any Zelda game, and I'd love to see what he could do in a Zelda game of this scope. There probably will be more than one composer, but I wish there was only one as it creates focus, and I wish it was him. Such talent.

What about you? Who do you want to compose Zelda U? 

I completely agree with nearly everything you say. SS soundtrack was way to bland even the main flying theme annoyed the fk out of me. ALBW soundtrack was amazing though so id be happy with that.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Nobuo Uematsu? His greastest masterpiece was the Final Fantasy X soundtrack IMO

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:

He was just one of the composers who worked on that game though.

His best solo work is FFVI.

alternine said:

Uematsu surprisingly did the soundtrack to Fantasy Life on 3DS recently, and honestly it was..... average. Though I still expect he can do much better than that.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Link Between Worlds only needed one composer because it only had like a half-dozen new songs.

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword each had 3-5 composers attached to them and it will be the same for Zelda Wii U.

Kenji Yamamoto and David Wise.