By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu week ending Dec. 14th; Yokai Watch 1.2m, PS4: ~66k

Great PS4 numbers. Shows there might be some light for the console in Japan after all!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network

Wow!Gongratulations to ps4 for refuting me!Big Jump!

DerNebel said:
AmericanAli said:
what's the deal with these high PS4 hardware numbers? o.O I kinda doubt that it is because of gta 5, but if not...what then?

The Dragon Quest Heroes special edition console launched last week.

Shouldn't that be 'limited'?

To bad Wii U sales still are far from last years, though it's not doing badly for a home console in Japan.

That's a good hold for Wii U.

And good lord! PS4 sells that many consoles and only 2 games chart on top 30, 1 in top 20?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS4 should be over 900k in Japan now right?

Around the Network

WOW!

Those are really impressive PS4 HW numbers. Dragon Quest is a godly IP, it should never be underestimated... even when it's cross-generation. I wonder though, will Famitsu/Media Create count the digital vouchers when the game comes out on these charts or will we have to wait for Famitsu's February Digital Chart to know how much they amount to?

Good hold for Smash U... Youkai Watch is the real Godzilla. All hardware aside from 3DS and PS4 is poor imo.

captain carot said:
DerNebel said:
AmericanAli said:
what's the deal with these high PS4 hardware numbers? o.O I kinda doubt that it is because of gta 5, but if not...what then?

The Dragon Quest Heroes special edition console launched last week.

Shouldn't that be 'limited'?

To bad Wii U sales still are far from last years, though it's not doing badly for a home console in Japan.

Not sure, I've read on Neogaf that this was going to be Sonys holiday bundle in Japan.

It did sell out at tsutaya though, no idea if they'll get more stock.

DerNebel said:

Not sure, I've read on Neogaf that this was going to be Sonys holiday bundle in Japan.

I wonder if Sony expected that level of demand for the bundle? If not then I expect them to restock as soon as possible.

The PS5 Exists. 

Damn, GTAV with a huge opening on PS4 and the GTA and DQH bundles pushed PS4 to massive numbers. This is without the actual release of DQH too, the bundle comes with a DL code iirc but the game isnt out until next year.
PS4 should have a great 2015 when the games finally pick up =D

GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:

I wonder if Sony expected that level of demand for the bundle? If not then I expect them to restock as soon as possible.

Well it's god damn Dragon Quest in Japan, I'm sure they expected quite a lot of demand

But over 60k has definitely crushed my expectations, I thought around 40k might happen but not this.