By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unannounced games that we can expect for Wii U

vkaraujo said:

Ok, i agree about Sin n Punishment, but i will keep the pokemon arena spin-off. While all you said is true, it is still a game that was present in the last 3 consoles, sometimes more than once. Besides, people are always asking for a skyrim/pokemon-like game and now that both MK8 and SSBU are out, the next in line of system sellers are Pokemon and Zelda. Even if they don't move that many consoles to begin with.

Pokemon Battle Revolution, on an install base of 100m, sold less than it's GCN counterparts who had a base of 22m. Also it's been 8 years since that game. That shows they were quite disappointed with PBR's performance and have no interest in making  another since if they did it'd be out by now or we'd atleast know of it.

Around the Network

Ethernal Darkness
Fatal Frame V for the west
Mario And Luigi
Mother 4

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Ethernal Darkness
Mario And Luigi
Mother 4

"Unannounced games that we can expect for Wii U"

Those aren't guaranteed in the slightest!

Fire Emblem is announced. It's a crossover with SMT. In an interview somebody at Nintendo (forget who) essentially said the cost of HD development is too great for a niche series like Fire Emblem, so by sharing development with another publisher and trying to attract a larger audience they hope to offset that cost. Basically killing any hope for a stand-alone Fire Emblem title on Wii U.

EDIT: Got the interview. They say they would need 700k sales on Wii U to justify the game's development. Considering how the series usually sells (Awakening notwithstanding), that would be tough. Especially since the West would have to pick up the slack for Japan, where naturally the console version would fall short of the sales seen on handhelds. For reference, VGC has the GameCube and Wii games at about 500k sales globally, with under 200k coming from Japan.

Metroid Wii U is unannounced yet all but confirmed.

A good portion of what you listed won't even come true ...

There is already a Fire Emblem game in development even though it's a crossover so there really isn't a need for a dedicated Fire Emblem game. Paper Mario and somewhat recently, Battalion/Advance Wars are also developed by Intelligent systems so one of those mentioned games will have to be discarded in order to be developed because there is only so many resources. Of the two it is Paper Mario that will most likely see a new iteration since it's the more popular series ...

I also don't see another Pokemon Stadium type game been made since the main developers are too small to do it and Nintendo practically relegates them to making lesser Pokemon themed games such as Pokemon Link: Battle ...

I doubt Sin and Punishment will see a successor on the WII U. If we didn't see a successor on the Gamecube why exactly would the WII U be the better candidate for one ?

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles probably isn't coming to the WII U since Square Enix refuses to make ANY new games for the WII U. The only thing the WII U got out of SE was two last generation ports such as Dragon Quest X and Deus Ex: Human Revolution ...

Enough negativity from me already, out of that list I can see Paper Mario making the cut but I also see Animal Crossing been a possibility too ...

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Ethernal Darkness
Mario And Luigi
Mother 4

"Unannounced games that we can expect for Wii U"

Those aren't guaranteed in the slightest!

I have dreams too you know! T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I have dreams too you know! T_T

Actually I was wrong the Wii U already got a Mario & Luigi game! xP

Wario Ware Game: smooth moves & mega party game$

Wario Platforming Game: Wario world and Shake it!

Not on game cube but seems likely:

Rythm Heaven: GBA, DS, and FEVER

I really want a fire emblem game on it but it seems like its been so long since a console fire emblem game...

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Pokken Fighters will be ported

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

metroid

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~