By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Actual Numbers for X1, PS4 and Wii U after Week Ending 13th Dec

DJEVOLVE said:
jacks81x said:

The number they showed at PSX was just over 14m.  So I'll guess that they'll hit 15m by the end of the year.

what does this number represent?

Nobody knows for sure.

Around the Network

I think the actual numbers are close to 16mn for PS4 (maybe 15.5mn), about 10mn for X1 and 8.5mn for WiiU.

LordLichtenstein said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Nobody knows for sure.

Someone has to know.

well sounds like he is saying it's sold to consumers, if that's the case, it's extremely overtracked. How could that be?

DJEVOLVE said:
jacks81x said:

The number they showed at PSX was just over 14m.  So I'll guess that they'll hit 15m by the end of the year.

Units sold through would be my guess.  This was at the end of the montage right before Layden came out on stage and said PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time.

jacks81x said:
DJEVOLVE said:
jacks81x said:

Units sold through would be my guess.  This was at the end of the montage right before Layden came out on stage and said PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time.

We dont know these number until which date. I think it should be until first/second week of november so it will complete 1 year. Sony said fastest selling console of all time, so what was the highest numbers for first year before we can guess PS4 is above that.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
jacks81x said:
DJEVOLVE said:
jacks81x said:

We dont know these number until which date. I think it should be until first/second week of november so it will complete 1 year. Sony said fastest selling console of all time, so what was the highest numbers for first year before we can guess PS4 is above that.

Doesn't matter to me what date it's from since it's not a milestone number anyway.   When the PS4 hits 15m sold-through I'm sure Sony will make an official announcement.

They were talking about the first year. Surpassing PS2's numbers etc... You will probably have an official number after the end of December. Q4 and all...

jacks81x said:
DJEVOLVE said:
jacks81x said:

That's only where they cut off the video at the beginning, there was no sign that that's the final figure they'd reached by PSX. PS4 had shipped 13.5 million by the end of September, there's no way retailers would be ordering that many if they weren't going to sell that number at least by the end of October.

IMO VgChartz is under tracked, which makes sense because of a number of factors, like VG doesn't even have PS4 at 10M when Sony announced they'd sold well in excess of 10 million back in August. When Driveclub launched there were two other major releases, but the sales dropped compared to the previous week when Shadow of Mordor launched, SoM was a pretty big seller, was still on the markey, yet despite there being 4 new games on the market and a highly anticipated 1st party exclusive the numbers still dropped like a stone.

COD AW sold a million more on PS4 than XBox One, according to VGChartz, but the rise in hardware sales was nowhere near as big as Xbox One, which makes no sense.

17M seems like a minimum at this point, obviously sales hadn't reached some milestone that Sony felt they wanted to share, my guess is that they now want to wait until they hit 20M, as it has more of an impact from a marketing POV than coming out and announcing figures every 5 million units sold.

By the end of this year I think PS4 will have sold 20M at least, if not 21-22M, but I guess we'll see.

jacks81x said:
DJEVOLVE said:
jacks81x said:

Think about it this way. At the end of September they had shipped 13.5 million.  They probably had under 500k on shelves.  14,088,511 sold through is probably at the end of October.  Just add November's numbers and (about 2.5 million) 1 week of December and you are pushing above 17.5 million easy. Xbox One has to be at 9.4 at the very least and Wii U is simply overtracked for posterity. 

JustBeingReal said:

That's only where they cut off the video at the beginning, there was no sign that that's the final figure they'd reached by PSX. PS4 had shipped 13.5 million by the end of September, there's no way retailers would be ordering that many if they weren't going to sell that number at least by the end of October.

IMO VgChartz is under tracked, which makes sense because of a number of factors, like VG doesn't even have PS4 at 10M when Sony announced they'd sold well in excess of 10 million back in August. When Driveclub launched there were two other major releases, but the sales dropped compared to the previous week when Shadow of Mordor launched, SoM was a pretty big seller, was still on the markey, yet despite there being 4 new games on the market and a highly anticipated 1st party exclusive the numbers still dropped like a stone.

COD AW sold a million more on PS4 than XBox One, according to VGChartz, but the rise in hardware sales was nowhere near as big as Xbox One, which makes no sense.

17M seems like a minimum at this point, obviously sales hadn't reached some milestone that Sony felt they wanted to share, my guess is that they now want to wait until they hit 20M, as it has more of an impact from a marketing POV than coming out and announcing figures every 5 million units sold.

By the end of this year I think PS4 will have sold 20M at least, if not 21-22M, but I guess we'll see.

Yeah but vgchartz numbers seems to be on track for me.