By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistic or Cartoony graphic style - which do you prefer and why?

?

Cartoony 209 65.52%

Realistic 110 34.48%

Total:319

Depends on what type of game. I couldn't take a cartoony GTA seriously, but a Mario game where you can see tears on his overalls and his cap slightly tilted every time you hit something? No bueno

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

Whichever style is currently employed on my favorite game i.e. I don't give a shit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

if the game is good - I don't care at all.

Click HERE and be happy 

Realistic graphics. I like to keep it real.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Being a Nintendo fan i am always drawn to the colourful stylistic art that Nintendo apply to their games, im even drawn to the non Nintendo made games with a cartoony artstyle like Wonderful 101 or Sunset overdrive. That saying, i picked up Tomb Raider for PS3 yesterday and i really like the gritty realistic look of the game.

Around the Network

Idc, just want to know where you put modern Final Fantasy games in this debate?? I mean they are clearly a mid ground in my eyes but their is no option for it.

Its funny to see people keeping an open-mind in this thread but criticizing realistic graphics in other threads.

no pics in op? thread fail

ktay95 said:
Idc, just want to know where you put modern Final Fantasy games in this debate?? I mean they are clearly a mid ground in my eyes but their is no option for it.

Maybe just classify it as "traditional Japanese looks" if you will.

Or just keep it out of discussion in this thread.

Cartoony because it just makes it more enjoyable to play for me. There's so much you can do with the art of a game. Though I do like realistic styles as well. It really just depends.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread