By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SaGa 2015 announced for PS Vita

Did not expect this, want to see the game in action now.

Around the Network

I really did not expect this to happen, but yay!

MikeRox said:
Ljink96 said:
Sony had to give them something...putting it on vita is suicide. Then again, it does have better looking games but...Game Gear? Eh, it'll be interesting anyway. Nintendo seems to be losing SE support for now. Still waiting on a proper Mana game after Mana 3.

Japanese centric game released on what is currently the 2nd biggest Japanese platform is suicide? Makes a lot of sense given how much 3DS limitations are clearly showing now. Also allows for easy porting to PS3/PS4 should they decide to release in the West.

It's suicide by 3DS standards. It's outselling 4:1 ... sometimes even more. The 3DS isn't selling games on graphics and power but pure fun. The New 3DS aims to make those limitations vanish as well. If you want to sell more games, the thing is to sell on a platform with a larger install base, all I'm saying.

Kresnik said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Wait, will be shared between the Vita and PC?

Nope, PC version is a separate game.

So what you're saying.... IT'S VITA EXCLUSIVE!? :O

Ljink96 said:
MikeRox said:
Ljink96 said:
Sony had to give them something...putting it on vita is suicide. Then again, it does have better looking games but...Game Gear? Eh, it'll be interesting anyway. Nintendo seems to be losing SE support for now. Still waiting on a proper Mana game after Mana 3.

Japanese centric game released on what is currently the 2nd biggest Japanese platform is suicide? Makes a lot of sense given how much 3DS limitations are clearly showing now. Also allows for easy porting to PS3/PS4 should they decide to release in the West.

It's suicide by 3DS standards. It's outselling 4:1 ... sometimes even more. The 3DS isn't selling games on graphics and power but pure fun. The New 3DS aims to make those limitations vanish as well. If you want to sell more games, the thing is to sell on a platform with a larger install base, all I'm saying.

But 3DS software sales are very... Particular. Not much sells well on it. But what sells well sells incredibly. Heck even Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 debuted better on Vita than 3DS.

Install base isn't everything. The type of user in that install base also plays a factor. Hence FPS games sell like ass on Nintendo consoles despite being one of the biggest genres on the PS3/4 and 360/One. Vita is really setting it's stall up as a JRPG home.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Ljink96 said:
MikeRox said:
Ljink96 said:

But 3DS software sales are very... Particular. Not much sells well on it. But what sells well sells incredibly. Heck even Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 debuted better on Vita than 3DS.

Install base isn't everything. The type of user in that install base also plays a factor. Hence FPS games sell like ass on Nintendo consoles despite being one of the biggest genres on the PS3/4 and 360/One. Vita is really setting it's stall up as a JRPG home.

Even if it is a JRPG home, most of them are obsucre and don't match up to Dragon Quest, Yokai, or Monster Hunter.....dare I mention Pokemon. They'll get Tales, Persona even though 3DS did get Q, and Legend of Heroes, and Y's...stuff that barely gets past the 1M mark. Most JRPGS on 3DS don't come over here and cut their chances too early. Handheld JRPG and Dragon Quest and Pokemon have become synonomous in Japan. And those are only on 3DS. Oh, look at me sounding like Reggie, let me shut up.

Ljink96 said:

Even if it is a JRPG home, most of them are obsucre and don't match up to Dragon Quest, Yokai, or Monster Hunter.....dare I mention Pokemon. They'll get Tales, Persona even though 3DS did get Q, and Legend of Heroes, and Y's...stuff that barely gets past the 1M mark. Most JRPGS on 3DS don't come over here and cut their chances too early. Handheld JRPG and Dragon Quest and Pokemon have become synonomous in Japan. And those are only on 3DS. Oh, look at me sounding like Reggie, let me shut up.

Even the PS1/PS2 ones didn't crack 1m. This does actually look like a better fit for the Vita.

However note you're listing mega blockbuster franchises. Other than Yokai's Watch, how many other 3DS JRPGs sold like gangbusters that weren't Dragon Quest or Pokemon?

Monster Hunter would have probably shifted a few million extra Vita systems had it not moved onto 3DS.

MikeRox said:
Ljink96 said:

Even the PS1/PS2 ones didn't crack 1m. This does actually look like a better fit for the Vita.

However note you're listing mega blockbuster franchises. Other than Yokai's Watch, how many other 3DS JRPGs sold like gangbusters that weren't Dragon Quest or Pokemon?

Monster Hunter would have probably shifted a few million extra Vita systems had it not moved onto 3DS.

Yes, I'm listing them but does that make any difference? Those are the ones that sell on DS. JRPGS are JRPGS. I will say that MH might do well on PSV but not as well as 3DS. The Final Fantasy games sell well on both but other than that I've got nothing.

Ljink96 said:
MikeRox said:

Yes, I'm listing them but does that make any difference? Those are the ones that sell on DS. JRPGS are JRPGS. I will say that MH might do well on PSV but not as well as 3DS. The Final Fantasy games sell well on both but other than that I've got nothing.

My point was, the SaGa games are historically far more niche than any of the other franchises you listed and is much more on the levels of the games already appearing on Vita such as Ys.

We'll never know what Monster Hunter would have done for Vita, it clearly gave the 3DS a huge boost and was a great move from Nintendo. 

All I'm trying to say is that because the 3DS has a bigger userbase, doesn't automatically qualify that every single game will sell better on it than Vita and isn't necessarily sacrificing "millions" of sales.

badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:

I hope Kenji Ito does the OST for this new game.

Hamuzu or preorder canceled.

Shame you had to cancel your preorder.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!