By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - John Mccain Won the Republican Nomination. Your thoughts?

TheRealMafoo said:
ssj12 said:
i so didnt see this coming /sarcasm

now Obama needs to win

Why? What is Obama going to do for the country?

I am not against him, I just have not figured out why everyone is for him. He speaks well, and rallies the people well, but he does it while saying nothing.

He says "We need change, and I am here to bring change." Cool. what change? When he tells me what he plans to do, I might then agree with you. 

Well, for one thing, he specifically stated that, if elected, he will get those soldiers out of Iraq already!

As long as there America doesn't get another Bush, it'll be a good thing, but I'd like Obama.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
TheRealMafoo said:
ssj12 said:

now Obama needs to win

I am not against him, I just have not figured out why everyone is for him. He speaks well, and rallies the people well, but he does it while saying nothing.

He says "We need change, and I am here to bring change." Cool. what change? When he tells me what he plans to do, I might then agree with you. 

Well, for one thing, he specifically stated that, if elected, he will get those soldiers out of Iraq already!

As long as there America doesn't get another Bush, it'll be a good thing, but I'd like Obama.

He says that, but he won't. Personally, I love my country, and I love Americans. But I also love mankind. I would rather see a few thousand volunteer military die each year, then the hundreds of thousands of civilians that would be ethnically cleansed if we left. Obama probably feels the same way. He will tell you that to get elected, but once he is faced with the decision, I don't expect him to do it.

TheRealMafoo said:
ssj12 said:

now Obama needs to win

for one Obama seems that he can think as an individual not as a complete moron or as his party's pet. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

halogamer1989 said:
Now its about damn time! Way to go McCain. Anyway, the Dem turnout is based on sad pretense due to Bush admin. What Dem. voters dont realize is that they are supporting progressives. Do some research on that and its link to early fascism in the 20th century not that I's saying Hillary or Obama are Hitlers but their doctrine is based on big gov't, state-based economic policy, etc.

Have a good night!

This is the main reason why I'll never vote GOP ... ever.

OT - if Hillary gets the nomination, McCain will pimpslap her into next year. Against Osama? To the gates of hell. Against Obama? Not so much. 

TheRealMafoo said:
thekitchensink said:
TheRealMafoo said:
ssj12 said:

now Obama needs to win

He says that, but he won't. Personally, I love my country, and I love Americans. But I also love mankind. I would rather see a few thousand 1.volunteer military die each year, then the 2.hundreds of thousands of civilians that would be ethnically cleansed if we left. Obama probably feels the same way. 3.He will tell you that to get elected, but once he is faced with the decision, I don't expect him to do it.

1. Most of them have been conscripted.  I understand the ones that chose to go, but Bush has torn thousands of families apart by force for his personal vendetta against who-knows-what.

2. What about the many, many thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians that we've been killing?  I understand, and support, the desire to help stop ethnic war, but then I must ask if anyone's ever heard of a little place called Jerusalem.  They could use (and want) our help WAY more than Iraq.  It would be a LOT more beneficial than a war over oil.

3. Possibly--if Star Wars has taught me anything, it's that politicians are not altruistic.  But if he was in support of the war, don't you think he'd be a Republican?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:

1. Most of them have been conscripted.  I understand the ones that chose to go, but Bush has torn thousands of families apart by force for his personal vendetta against who-knows-what.

2. What about the many, many thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians that we've been killing?  I understand, and support, the desire to help stop ethnic war, but then I must ask if anyone's ever heard of a little place called Jerusalem.  They could use (and want) our help WAY more than Iraq.  It would be a LOT more beneficial than a war over oil.

3. Possibly--if Star Wars has taught me anything, it's that politicians are not altruistic.  But if he was in support of the war, don't you think he'd be a Republican?

1. Sorry my friend, that is just not true. That's the kind of info found on the internet spread by people who hate Bush more then they love the truth. When you join the military, you sign a contract. That contract states that your time can be extended. While I have great sympathy for the people who did not read what they were signing, I don't call it conscripted either.

2. The war sucks, I wish we never entered it. But that's not the world we live in. The reality is we have created a mess, and while I think worse atrocities have been committed in history, just leaving 24 million people to the wolves would rank at the top. leaving is not really a rational option.

3. It's not an issue of if you support the war. it's more if an issue of what to do with it now. he will have experts that will explain to him what will happen if we stay in the region, and what will happen if we leave. That's what he will base his choices on, not if he is pro war or not. If the answer is "pull the troops Mr president, and we estimate you will be signing 300,000 death certificates", I doubt he will do it .

I am just glad I don't have to be the one to make those choices.  

If McCain would return to his moderate roots, I would be content with him as president.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
FreeTalkLive said:
steven787 said:

McCain is very appealing to me as a moderate. I didn't want the US to goto Iraq but we are there and McCain has been very pragmatic his whole career; though he did support the war.

I am sure whoever we elect it will be much better than Bush.

Also, all three are against torture and wire-taps that would be less totalitarian lite than our current administration.

McCain not only recently voted for torture but he urged push to support torture. Although, he changes his positions so much it is hard to keep up.

The vote was against a bill to restrict certain types of torture, he wanted it to ban all types and that is why he voted against it.

I may or may not be voting for him, but this is one of the reasons I respect him... He doesn't mince words, his voting record is non-partisan and he has values that with reason he uses to decide the best vote in each individual case and sometime that means giving the impression of flip-flopping. 

Meanwhile, I have a question.  When did it become a bad thing to change your mind if you get new information?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I hope Obama doesn't win, he can talk the talk but that's about it. It'd be even worse if Hilary won, Mccain will have to do.

TheRealMafoo said:
ssj12 said:

now Obama needs to win

Why? What is Obama going to do for the country?

I am not against him, I just have not figured out why everyone is for him. He speaks well, and rallies the people well, but he does it while saying nothing.

He says "We need change, and I am here to bring change." Cool. what change? When he tells me what he plans to do, I might then agree with you.

It sounds like you're listening to Clinton and McCain's speeches, not Obama's.  They seem to think that if they repeat "speeches not solutions" often enough, it will become true, and people will just ignore the goals that Obama lays out in his speeches.

@Legend, what's wrong with renegotiating NAFTA?