What do you make of the film?

I liked it 58 50.43%

I didn't like it 17 14.78%

I plan on going to see it 31 26.96%

I don't plan on seeing it 9 7.83%

Total:115
tiffac said:
riderz13371 said:

The Battle of Five Armies was a battle waged between the Goblins and the Wargs against Men of DaleElvesDwarves

That's what it says on LOTR wiki lol

Really? Hahahaha OMgosh~ The Goblins were not represented properly xD 

They did have a small part. I saw they were in charge of leading the large trolls with the catapults on their back as well as at the end at the top of the tower they had a small attack.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
binary solo said:

The women in my life loved this part. They also loved the Galadriel scene.

6/10 for me. It was OK.

I wasn't a fan of the execution of it, but the killer for me was a joint between the fact that the token woman added in is used for a made-up romance plot, and that Elf and Dwarf romance simply would never happen in Middle Earth as the books told it. Dwarves liked Dwarf women, who were indeed supposed to look a lot like Dwarf men, and also not be very interested in romance or sex (part of the reason why there were never that many Dwarves, and why they died out sometime in the Fourth Age according to Tolkien's letters). A dwarf wouldn't go for a she-elf.

Tyrion Lannister would disagree most strenuously.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Fine movie. Though it didn't connect as emotionally as LOTR 3, it was a fine way to end the series.

riderz13371 said:
How were the battle sequences? Epic or disappointing?

Saw it in Ultra Laser HFR 3D with a Dolby Atmos set-up (best format at the moment I think) and every second of the movie was actually Epic. So much detail in image clarity, sound that every part is interesting. The moment where CGI, Real props and sequences blend perfect together without restrictions of technology. 

About your question:

• The Dragon Sequence was just epic in the beginning. Unfortunately it was fairly short.
  • White Council versus Sauron was epic but a bit short as well.
  • The real thing was obviously the Battle of the Five Armies and this one was epic. We had a mix of large scale battlefields, close quarters, heroic actions and epic 1v1 battles. First time we also had an overview of some real strategies involved thanks to Azog (he was terrific).

Overall the movie was very good. (Not Return of the King good but the best out of three hobbit movies and fun with a good ending.)

What I hated was the fact that nearly 40 minutes were cut (because of people complaining about too long and stuff) and we have to wait till October for the extended edition. (for me there is never enough Middle-Earth so was really dissapointed.) In this version we'll get to see Beorn with an important role during the fight, longer battle sequences , bit more lake Town and some fully uncut new stuff. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

I was disappointed by the CG in the series. While it was present in the Lord of the Rings movies, I did like seeing less CG in the armies and what not.

And seriously.... Why have Thorin's cousin be CG? Anybody else cringe when Thorin went and hugged him and it went from real actor to CG between the different shots?

*edit* and it also felt pretty rushed. Would like to see what the extended edition looked like.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:

I was disappointed by the CG in the series. While it was present in the Lord of the Rings movies, I did like seeing less CG in the armies and what not.

And seriously.... Why have Thorin's cousin be CG? Anybody else cringe when Thorin went and hugged him and it went from real actor to CG between the different shots?

*edit* and it also felt pretty rushed. Would like to see what the extended edition looked like.

Apparently, and this is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt, because the actor portraying him had parkinsons he couldn't complete the role or something so they had to CG him and just use his voice.

tiffac said:
I liked the film but not the title. I can't seem to understand why was it the battle of the 5 armies when there was only 4 (Orcs, Humans, Elves, Dwarves) did they count the birds or something?

The orc army was actually split in two - One to attack the others and one to flank the town.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

riderz13371 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Apparently, and this is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt, because the actor portraying him had parkinsons he couldn't complete the role or something so they had to CG him and just use his voice.

Hmm that's interesting if that's true. Still, we're not at the point where it looks seamless so it ended up looking odd.

The guy who played him also played the King from Brave.