By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U beaten by the Dreamcast - what now?

AnthonyW86 said:
curl-6 said:
ps4tw said:

The dreamcast has beaten the Wii U in terms of total life time sales launch to end of life. 

Don't know if you've heard, but Wii U is still selling.

Wanna bet it won't pass Dreamcast's 10.6 million lifetime?

He clearly meant in the same timeframe, in the west the Dreamcast was already disscontinued by now if you compare it to Wii-U. Even if you start counting from the Japan launch of the Dreamcast a year earlier and count two and half years of worldwide sales for Wii-U it might still lose. That's how bad it's selling.

Actually, he did not specify launch aligned, he simply said "total life time sales launch to end of life", so he's wrong, yet again.

Wii U wasn't discontinued in March this year, (US Dreamcast lifespan) it won't be discontinued in May 2015 (Japan Dreamcast lifespan) and it will easily outsell the Dreamcast lifetime.

The OP is just a sore loser, bashing Wii U because his predictions regarding it were wrong.

Around the Network

even if Nintendo would not have the cash to surivie a failing console there would be no problem because WiiU is not failing.

Its making profit.

doesnt matter if other companies sell more of their products since they dont sell the same product better than Nintendo does.

curl-6 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

He clearly meant in the same timeframe, in the west the Dreamcast was already disscontinued by now if you compare it to Wii-U. Even if you start counting from the Japan launch of the Dreamcast a year earlier and count two and half years of worldwide sales for Wii-U it might still lose. That's how bad it's selling.

Actually, he did not specify launch aligned, he simply said "total life time sales launch to end of life", so he's wrong, yet again.

Wii U wasn't discontinued in March this year, (US Dreamcast lifespan) it won't be discontinued in May 2015 (Japan Dreamcast lifespan) and it will easily outsell the Dreamcast lifetime.

The OP is just a sore loser, bashing Wii U because his predictions regarding it were wrong.

Anthony is right. I meant that the Dreamcast sold quicker than the Wii U, yet by the 2 year mark it was ended. Simply put, the sales of the Wii U are unprecedentedly terrible - consoles have sold better, and yet were still considered failures and axed. 

ps4tw said:
curl-6 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Anthony is right. I meant that the Dreamcast sold quicker than the Wii U, yet by the 2 year mark it was ended. Simply put, the sales of the Wii U are unprecedentedly terrible - consoles have sold better, and yet were still considered failures and axed. 

Except you didn't say life to date, you said; ""total life time sales launch to end of life", which is ridiculous cos Wii U hasn't reached the end of its life yet.

You wanna bet that Wii U won't outsell Dreamcast lifetime? 

curl-6 said:
ps4tw said:

Except you didn't say life to date, you said; ""total life time sales launch to end of life", which is ridiculous cos Wii U hasn't reached the end of its life yet.

No matter how you try to twist it, Anthony intepreted what I said correctly. Accept it, deal with that point and move on. Don't argue a point that was never raised. 

Around the Network
ps4tw said:
curl-6 said:
ps4tw said:

No matter how you try to twist it, Anthony intepreted what I said correctly. Accept it, deal with that point and move on. Don't argue a point that was never raised. 

It was raised; I quoted you directly.

And that's kind of ironic coming from you, who quit the forum for months after being proved wrong about Mario Kart 8.

ps4tw said:
curl-6 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Does that even matter? WiiU selling terrible, Vita sold even slower WW  than WiiU yet its making profits for Sony (well at least in Japan).

Point is both are in different situations. Quantity of Consoles =/= determine success/failure. WiiU will keep selling past 2017. Keep in mind Nintendo isnt even trying yet in terms of increase userbase as telling by this holiday.

curl-6 said:
ps4tw said:

And that's kind of ironic coming from you, who quit the forum for months after being proved wrong about Mario Kart 8.

I don't give a damn what you think I meant, I'm telling you what I meant - move on and don't stick with a strawman argument. Mario Kart 8 boosted sales for a little longer than I expected. So? The Wii U is still selling miserably, and has been outsold by the PS4 almost 2:1 and even the XBox One looks like it'll over take its sales. 

ps4tw said:
curl-6 said:

I don't give a damn what you think I meant, I'm telling you what I meant - move on and don't stick with a strawman argument. Mario Kart 8 boosted sales for a little longer than I expected. So? The Wii U is still selling miserably, and has been outsold by the PS4 almost 2:1 and even the XBox One looks like it'll over take its sales. 

14 weeks is more than just "a little" longer than the 4 you predicted.

Do you want to bet that Wii U won't outsell Dreamcast lifetime? 

ps4tw said:
curl-6 said:
ps4tw said:

WiiU selling massively, what are you talking about? 

Here is a better understanding of wat i mean, WiiU just outsold Dreamcast by over 245k last month. Its making more money as well. 

Thread Over.....

But seriously, you think WiiU is in a worse situation than Dreamcast solely on the fact its install base is lower? Wats your take on the Vita then? Its sold less than wiiu, yes but its making profits