By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles is on Steam. you should seriously play it!

fatslob-:O said:
PullusPardus said:

What would you rate ffxiii?

Haven't played yet but if FFX is anything to judge by then it could possibly get an 8/10 ... 

LOL! You realise non of the games are similar at all right?

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

I do realize that the games aren't similar but if anything their similar in their design philosophy ... 

The lore and the mechanics maybe different but the concepts are mostly the same ...

Where a game gets a lot of hate must get a lot of love too ...

zero129 said:

can you name a FPS that was more better to you at the time of HL2's release?.

Halo 2 ?

fatslob-:O said:
PullusPardus said:

I do realize that the games aren't similar but if anything their similar in their design philosophy ... 

The lore and the mechanics maybe different but the concepts are mostly the same ...

Where a game gets a lot of hate must get a lot of love too ...

Actually they are not the same in anything not even the design philosophy.

Every final fantasy game is very different from the one before it. 

Do not play it. You'll be very disappointed even if you're not a fan of the series. That's how bad it is.

PullusPardus said:

Actually they are not the same in anything not even the design philosophy.

Every final fantasy game is very different from the one before it. 

Do not play it. You'll be very disappointed even if you're not a fan of the series. That's how bad it is.

Are you trying to get me to join the FFXIII hate bandwagon ? That's not going to work with me ...

If anything, I'll probably end up been more disappointed in Valkyria Chronicles than in FFXIII. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Maraccuda said:

When Nintendo announced that 3 game partnership with Sega I was hoping it would lead to more things. Plus Japan got a Yakuza collection on Wii U so I was hoping for a Valkyria Chronicles collection, as well as PSO2.

Id rather they come to home consoles than Steam, but at the very least they need a Steam release so Sega wont moan about monies as much.

Why not both? Look at FF7 that will be ported from steam to PS4, if that does well then there could well be more steam to PS4 ports

Well both is fine but I just personally prefer gaming on consoles.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

no thanks, i can buy a cheaper used physical copy of the ps3 version that i can collect and put into my shelf

Ruler said:
no thanks, i can buy a cheaper used physical copy of the ps3 version that i can collect and put into my shelf

I used to be like you but nowadays I'd  trade  80% of my games if I could have them digital instead, it takes too much space and most games aren't even worth having a physical copy of. Plus most games get mandatory updated day one so having a copy is pointless. 

PullusPardus said:
Ruler said:

I used to be like you but nowadays I'd  trade  80% of my games if I could have them digital instead, it takes too much space and most games aren't even worth having a physical copy of. Plus most games get mandatory updated day one so having a copy is pointless. 

And what happens if the servers are down or you get hacked? Also physical games increase in value while your digital copy isnt as you cant resell it at all. Its a smarter decision moneywise even if you dont like physcial media. 

Ruler said:

And what happens if the servers are down or you get hacked? Also physical games increase in value while your digital copy isnt as you cant resell it at all. Its a smarter decision moneywise even if you dont like physcial media. 

@ bolded.  

I wouldn't be able to download the mandatory updates that I mentioned before that are plaguing physical games. So how is that different from digital in that regard?

But if I have them all downloaded why would I worry about server being down or getting myself hacked?

Honestly what is your most rare game? Do you want to carry it with you for 2O years so that one day you would sell it for 30 dollars more? Would you actually buy a 300 dollar shelf just to keep rare safe and pile up all that space instead of just Saving that 300 dollars and saving space? 

If you mean recent used games you would buy them for 60 and sell them for 6. The price you would pay for gas to get there  is far more expensive anyways. So it's not even worth it, and if the game is online only or if it has a mandatory update it's totally useless. 

Not to mention if the game is scratched or damaged then it would be even more useless.

I'd rather wait for a game to go down to 10-20 dollar price and download it digitally it's faster and easier and saves me a looooootttt of money.

by the way where I'm at new games are priced 70 dollars because I don't live in the US,  so there is that too, they rarely go below the 20$ price tag  even if old, on steam they go down to 9 dollars in discounts plus you can get the dlcs too for cheap. It is way much better for me to go all the way to the store (far, not always available, time consuming and gas prices) 

On another subject I wouldn't have read all the books I read if it wasn't for digital ebooks since almost all western books are not available here for culture and religious reasons (a lot get banned) same for games like suikoden for example I would never played that if it wasn't released in PSN ,i would rather wait and play it for 5 bucks than to buy it for 300 plus shipping because it got rare so Tldr I'm all for digital. For my favorite books and games though i buy them physically but that's very rare these days.