By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles is on Steam. you should seriously play it!

It's # 1 on my Steam wishlist. I will definitely buy it, but not now. It won't disappear and it won't get more expensive.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

People like to overhype things. And in gaming industry most of the games are overhyped but actually average. When half life 2 came out everyone had massive praise for it. While I liked the game but in my opinion it wasnt that priase worthy.

Stop trying to downplay the opinions of others.  That's so bloody annoying.  I liked it because I liked it, not because any stupid hype.  When I bought it, there was no hype, it was just a game I picked up because it was cheap.  It turned out to be one of my favorite games of the generation, easily.  I'd take it over any Uncharted, Tomb Raider, or Gears of War any day of the week.  Because it started to pick up support toward the end of the generation?  No, I played it long before people started talking about.  I'd take it over almost all the really "hyped" blockbusters because I loved the presentation, the art style, the strategic game-play, the characters, and the fact that it had a deep and meaningful story.

pokoko said:
daredevil.shark said:

People like to overhype things. And in gaming industry most of the games are overhyped but actually average. When half life 2 came out everyone had massive praise for it. While I liked the game but in my opinion it wasnt that priase worthy.

Stop trying to downplay the opinions of others.  That's so bloody annoying.  I liked it because I liked it, not because any stupid hype.  When I bought it, there was no hype, it was just a game I picked up because it was cheap.  It turned out to be one of my favorite games of the generation, easily.  I'd take it over any Uncharted, Tomb Raider, or Gears of War any day of the week.  Because it started to pick up support toward the end of the generation?  No, I played it long before people started talking about.  I'd take it over almost all the really "hyped" blockbusters because I loved the presentation, the art style, the strategic game-play, the characters, and the fact that it had a deep and meaningful story.

Same applies to you. These AAA games you mentioned are also overated. Lol.

daredevil.shark said:
pokoko said:
daredevil.shark said:

What are you even talking about?  

pokoko said:
daredevil.shark said:

What are you even talking about?  

Giving my opinion. If you dont like then please dont quote me. You can always ignore opinions of others if you dont like.

Around the Network

Except I haven't told others that their opinions are wrong because of hype. In my opinion, that whole thing people do where they cite "hype" as the reason people like stuff they themselves do not like, it's both rude and narrow-minded. That's my opinion, you can ignore it if you like.

daredevil.shark said:
Played it in PS3 long ago. Meh game. Turn based JRPG with WW2 flavor.

It's an SRPG not a traditional turn based JRPG.

fatslob-:O said:

I might even get more enjoyment out of FF XIII ... 

Woah.... That's a miracle if I ever saw one,

daredevil.shark said:

It's an average JRPG to me ... 

There are probably better things for me to play such PS1/PS2 JRPGs and heck I might even get more enjoyment out of FF XIII ... 

daredevil.shark said:

It's like this guy said plus I fathom why it even gets as much praise as it does ... 

It along with yakuza and demons souls were all released with barely anyone noticing it. Niche games are barely known by people when they get released there was no hype at all.

I think you mean overrated.

Its all about opinions and I can respect that, I mean I look at COD at GTA and other popular multi-million selling games and I say meh to those too but I'll never ever bad mouth a game that I didn't play or finish.

daredevil.shark said:

Its actually based on WW1. ^^

There are probably better things for me to play such PS1/PS2 JRPGs and heck I might even get more enjoyment out of FF XIII ... 

That part had to be a lie. Hahahaha xD