By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles is on Steam. you should seriously play it!

PullusPardus said:
Ruler said:

And what happens if the servers are down or you get hacked? Also physical games increase in value while your digital copy isnt as you cant resell it at all. Its a smarter decision moneywise even if you dont like physcial media. 

@ bolded.  

I wouldn't be able to download the mandatory updates that I mentioned before that are plaguing physical games. So how is that different from digital in that regard?

But if I have them all downloaded why would I worry about server being down or getting myself hacked?

Honestly what is your most rare game? Do you want to carry it with you for 2O years so that one day you would sell it for 30 dollars more? Would you actually buy a 300 dollar shelf just to keep rare safe and pile up all that space instead of just Saving that 300 dollars and saving space? 

If you mean recent used games you would buy them for 60 and sell them for 6. The price you would pay for gas to get there  is far more expensive anyways. So it's not even worth it, and if the game is online only or if it has a mandatory update it's totally useless. 

Not to mention if the game is scratched or damaged then it would be even more useless.

I'd rather wait for a game to go down to 10-20 dollar price and download it digitally it's faster and easier and saves me a looooootttt of money.

by the way where I'm at new games are priced 70 dollars because I don't live in the US,  so there is that too, they rarely go below the 20$ price tag  even if old, on steam they go down to 9 dollars in discounts plus you can get the dlcs too for cheap. It is way much better for me to go all the way to the store (far, not always available, time consuming and gas prices) 

On another subject I wouldn't have read all the books I read if it wasn't for digital ebooks since almost all western books are not available here for culture and religious reasons (a lot get banned) same for games like suikoden for example I would never played that if it wasn't released in PSN ,i would rather wait and play it for 5 bucks than to buy it for 300 plus shipping because it got rare so Tldr I'm all for digital. For my favorite books and games though i buy them physically but that's very rare these days. 

- you would still have the physical game even without DLC or patches its still better than not having thegame at all. And having different physical games instead just having one harddrive filled up with all of your games is much saver. What happens if your computer has a virus or breaks? or windows?

And second i really doubt you or anyone who prefers digital really has all of your games downloaded from your steam libary because it would take too much space.

- what if i downloaded allready the dlc and all the patches on my physical copies? That makes your own first argument flawed too.

- My rarest game? Not including Neo Geo Aes games (because this stuff is more arcade hardware and are priced obviously as such), my rarest game is the pal version for starcaft 64, this game was released 14 years ago and if you bought it new back then you paid something like 60€. That game increased over twice in price for the bare cartidge alone. So yeah looking at this example its worth keeping games for 20 years, and of course there are other games who stay cheap so what? Wouldnt make them any rarer if i would have bought them digitally.

Second who says  you need a shelf to store your videogames? Who says i have to put all my games verticly? If there isnt enough space just put all the games  how it brings more space even if it isnt the best way to preserve them. But even a some what beaten up physical copy is better and more worth than not having any at all. And do you really want to own so many games? Maybe the problem is  not space but you not finishing your games before buying new ones?

- this argument is flawed go look at ebay how much cartidges without any packeges are worth like NES, SNES and N64 cartridges for example.

I'd rather wait for a game to go down to 10-20 dollar price and buy it used, it saves me a looooootttt of money, now and it even more in the long term.

- they never go down in your country you say?

- true some games arent affordable and some you have no other choice than to emulate them like arcade games. But i can flip this argument and say if physical copies of games like suikoden became so rare and valuable why arent you buying your games physical as long as youre able to? If there is a chance of physical games becoming that rare why are you wasting your money on digital games? And its proven again and again even if people can pirate these games and play them on the PC or if you can download them legally on the PSN store etc., the physical copy is still holding its value and is even increasing.

Like Suikoden and Suikoden 2 still are, these games are still worth 100€ (not 300). Sometimes you can buy them for less and if i remember correctly the US copy is less worth for suikoden 1 which you could play by modding your Playstation. And why you bring up shipping fees ? Suikoden came out in your country and europe.

I own this game, suikoden 1 and i bought it at my rental store who went out of bussiness like in 2003/2004 and sold all their games, i bought it for 4€ and i really regret not buying suikoden 2 which was at the same store for 10€. I could have asked my parents but i didnt.

Seeing all these insane prices on ebay i can just regret how much opertunity was lost for good games or money during the times when these games were cheap and affordable back then. But i make this generation right this time, lets not sell videogames for cheap and lets not buy into the devil called digital games.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
outlawauron said:

Because it's a beatiful game with great music and setting/characters that draw you in. With a innovative combat system at the foundation, it's super polished and does nearly everything very well. Whether you didn't like it very well, it's objectively a great game.

Having played Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3, there is a reason why the series isn't very popular ... 

Oh well, I'm bound to find a flaw once I get a chance to play the first iteration whether it'd be the mediocre and over the top lore or it's art style which can potentially dull the serious moments of the story ...

But the series is popular.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said: 

But the series is popular.......

Maybe on the internet gaming community but not according to real life trends ...

FentonCrackshell said:
Probably the 2nd most boring game I've ever played... Behind Minecraft. Seriously, I've never seen such a game that's so universally praised that I feel so wholeheartedly doesn't deserve it. To each his own I guess.

LOL so I know to never take gaming advice from you.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]