By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV mostly inspired by III, IV, V and VI

Tagged games:

Ljink96 said:
artur-fernand said:
Ljink96 said:

cool info bro, I guess I miss turn based bs, they were much more strategic. I recall having more game overs and close calls in those games than the ones we have now.

Hum, FFXIII is kinda turn-based. Most people don't see it that way, but it kinda is. And FF is a pretty easy series, I recall only having close calls on III and some parts of IV.

Oh, like you fought Omega and Omniscient without close calls...

Well, Omega is optional, so he's supposed to be REALLY hard. I skipped him, I don't usually bother with superbosses. I defeated Ultima and Omega Weapon in FFVIII though, seeing as the game is so broken, I was a damn GOD when I faced them. Not that I'm complaining, I like breaking my games sometimes =P

As for Omniscient... well, I'm thinking really hard, but I can't remember that battle for the life of me. Whether I had trouble or not.

What I do remember though, is that Yunalesca and one of Seymour's forms in FFX were pretty hard. Some bosses of XIII as well.

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
Ljink96 said:
artur-fernand said:
Ljink96 said:

cool info bro, I guess I miss turn based bs, they were much more strategic. I recall having more game overs and close calls in those games than the ones we have now.

Hum, FFXIII is kinda turn-based. Most people don't see it that way, but it kinda is. And FF is a pretty easy series, I recall only having close calls on III and some parts of IV.

Oh, like you fought Omega and Omniscient without close calls...

Well, Omega is optional, so he's supposed to be REALLY hard. I skipped him, I don't usually bother with superbosses. I defeated Ultima and Omega Weapon in FFVIII though, seeing as the game is so broken, I was a damn GOD when I faced them. Not that I'm complaining, I like breaking my games sometimes =P

As for Omniscient... well, I'm thinking really hard, but I can't remember that battle for the life of me. Whether I had trouble or not.

What I do remember though, is that Yunalesca and one of Seymour's forms in FFX were pretty hard. Some bosses of XIII as well.

Omni was that optional boss on FFV that would restart the battle whenever he wanted to, it was more tedious than hard I guess. That underwater thing in FFVII was tough though. Forgot what he was called.

Ljink96 said:

Omni was that optional boss on FFV that would restart the battle whenever he wanted to, it was more tedious than hard I guess. That underwater thing in FFVII was tough though. Forgot what he was called.

The Emerald Weapon? Also a superboss. One of the hardest actually, since you can't have a certain number of materia equipped, or else he kills you instantly with one of his attacks.

Ljink96 said:

Would that have anything to do with the fact that you're better at video games?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sc94597 said:
Ljink96 said:

That has more to do with games becoming easier than the battle system. Final Fantasy games have always been pretty easy though. It's hard to justify a game to the mainstream gamer that makes you backtrack a lot if you die. As for strategy, real-time games can have a decent level of strategy as well. Think of a game like Xenoblade. Anyway. you seemingly like the KH series, so obviously you like its battle system. That is essentially the system XV will have, but probably with more depth, not less. 

Forcing you to backtrack a lot doesn't make a game harder, it only punishes the player by forcing them to replay content because. That isn't real difficulty, that's archaic game design to frustrate the player because they can't challenge them through gameplay content.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
VXIII said:

“On top of that I’d like to be remembered as someone who made the Final Fantasy mainline series branch out a little bit in a new direction, certainly with the Type series as well. That I took Final Fantasy in a direction that maybe is a little bit more mature and more core gamer-focused, with a more visceral representation of violence. So maybe I can be remembered as someone who made that kind of necessary evolution of the series or took it in an interesting direction. I’d be happy with that.” Tabata

I honestly don't even know how to comment on that part... Considering the history of this project It is well-known who planned and executed all the basis of this game. Especially the ones mentioned here.

Must be an Interesting situation Nomura is going through, heh.

Honestly, without major proof. Me being Nomura Biased.

If FFXV is good, GJ Nomura and Tabata. If FFXV is bad, GD Tabata get Nomura back.

So far it looks like I will like FFXV though, and will praise Tabata for at least releasing the game.

outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
Ljink96 said:

That has more to do with games becoming easier than the battle system. Final Fantasy games have always been pretty easy though. It's hard to justify a game to the mainstream gamer that makes you backtrack a lot if you die. As for strategy, real-time games can have a decent level of strategy as well. Think of a game like Xenoblade. Anyway. you seemingly like the KH series, so obviously you like its battle system. That is essentially the system XV will have, but probably with more depth, not less. 

Forcing you to backtrack a lot doesn't make a game harder, it only punishes the player by forcing them to replay content because. That isn't real difficulty, that's archaic game design to frustrate the player because they can't challenge them through gameplay content.

Exactly, that's my point. 

I highly doubt it will even sniff VI greatness in story.

I have little faith in Square these days when it comes to RPG's in general and a lot about this game has red flags to me. I'm willing to give it a shot. I just don't have high hopes. It will sell the best and look the best but will it be the best of the other big world JRPGs and my bet is no. Those other guys are former Square and made some of the best games in Squares prime.

Still give this a shot. They also made bold claims before XIII. That ended poorly with me.