By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV mostly inspired by III, IV, V and VI

Tagged games:

RenCutypoison said:
The Fury said:

3 to 6 are lesser known? Yet these are the games we idealise and want new FFs to be like (you know, jsut with flashy new graphix!!)

According to vocal majorities any FF that is not like VII is worthless.

As far as monster design is concerned it's clearly 3-6, and I hope the OST can be on VI level.

fixed

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Damn't that makes me want this game more. I wish there was an archetypal villain. FFXII and FFXIII lacked strong villains and they were somewhat boring in that area. Yeah, it is kinda a cliche, but that's what makes Final Fantasy unique. You have the stereotypical good vs. evil with twists here and there. Anyway, I can't see myself getting a PS4 or XBONE for many years, so hopefully either there is a PC release of this game that isn't very, very late or I can get my hands on a console for a week and rent this game.

RenCutypoison said:
The Fury said:

3 to 6 are lesser known? Yet these are the games we idealise and want new FFs to be like (you know, jsut with flashy new graphix!!)

According to vocal minorities any FF that is not like VII is worthless, so i can only disagree.

As far as monster design is concerned it's clearly 3-6, and I hope the OST can be on VI level.

Well this is already pretty good. :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-jYNH946E

If they have unique themes for certain areas that are just as memorable I think it can be an awesome soundtrack. Maybe VI is a little too high of an expectation, though. The only FF I think has a comparable soundtrack (quality-wise) to VI, for me, is IX. 

"Versus XIII is a title that will unite the nostalgia of the past Final Fantasy games and will tie it to a whole new way to experience the franchise. Level and overall design will be extremely valued in this game."
- Nomura, 2010.

Everytime Tabata talks,I can't help but to remember the exact same thing was said and planned long ago by Nomura. That's is good.... I guess.

Considering 3 and 5 aren't very good FFs, I don't know why they get lumped in with the other two.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:

According to vocal minorities any FF that is not like VII is worthless, so i can only disagree.

FF has a crapton of vocal minorities, each telling you what XV should be like to be good. So yeah =P

And I wouldn't worry about soundtrack. EVERY SINGLE mainline FF game has great/excellent soundtrack. And Yoko Shinomura is a fantastic composer. Not Uematsu-fantastic, but still.

sc94597 said:
Damn't that makes me want this game more. I wish there was an archetypal villain. FFXII and FFXIII lacked strong villains and they were somewhat boring in that area. Yeah, it is kinda a cliche, but that's what makes Final Fantasy unique. You have the stereotypical good vs. evil with twists here and there. Anyway, I can't see myself getting a PS4 or XBONE for many years, so hopefully either there is a PC release of this game that isn't very, very late or I can get my hands on a console for a week and rent this game.

Well, XIII did have a villain, and that was Barthandelus. He took a while to appear though, but I like him a lot, if only because he's a badass villain with a badass voice.

sc94597 said:

Did you complete both games? FF12 was praised for its villians and FF13 certainly wasn't the worst in the series.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Considering 3 and 5 aren't very good FFs, I don't know why they get lumped in with the other two.

Maybe some assets and particularly enemy designs  come from 3 and 5, such as the goblins. Their design in XV looks much more like that found in III, IV, and V than XIII, VII, or IX. Other than that,  certain unique story themes can come from those games as well.  From what I gather, it seems to me as if he is looking as "lesser" known Final Fantasy's to get unique content. He just clumps all of the SNES games and III together for that reason I guess. Notice how he says his favorites are I and VII, but he's trying the other games for inspiration. 

“On top of that I’d like to be remembered as someone who made the Final Fantasy mainline series branch out a little bit in a new direction, certainly with the Type series as well. That I took Final Fantasy in a direction that maybe is a little bit more mature and more core gamer-focused, with a more visceral representation of violence. So maybe I can be remembered as someone who made that kind of necessary evolution of the series or took it in an interesting direction. I’d be happy with that.” Tabata

I honestly don't even know how to comment on that part... Considering the history of this project It is well-known who planned and executed all the basis of this game. Especially the ones mentioned here.

Must be an Interesting situation Nomura is going through, heh.

VXIII said:

“On top of that I’d like to be remembered as someone who made the Final Fantasy mainline series branch out a little bit in a new direction, certainly with the Type series as well. That I took Final Fantasy in a direction that maybe is a little bit more mature and more core gamer-focused, with a more visceral representation of violence. So maybe I can be remembered as someone who made that kind of necessary evolution of the series or took it in an interesting direction. I’d be happy with that.” Tabata

I honestly don't even know how to comment on that part... Considering the history of this project It is well-known who planned and executed all the basis of this game. Especially the ones mentioned here.

Must be an Interesting situation Nomura is going through, heh.

I don't think he minds. everybody knows this project is Nomura's, and he'll certainly be credited (either special thanks or story or original idea or even co-director). Plus, Tabata has been the co-director ever since the game ACTUALLY started development, so he has credit for it too. And Nomura probably decided himself to leave this project to focus on KH3