By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 At its current state is the worst console I've ever owned

PullusPardus said:
shogunknight said:
Haha, good to know. Why not sell it? You may as well buy it in 5 years or more (there are people that buy their consoles at the end of the cycle for example)

I just ordered mine, should be getting it today. I havent even tried it but with the current and upcoming library i already have no regrets. My PC, WiiU and PS4 combo is about to be complete XD

I bought it for future games especially bloodborne and persona 5. 

Ah, then its far from being your worst console at the moment. You know why you bought it and you know what youre getting from it. The console just hit its 1st year, maybe we can all revisit this topic after P5 and Bloodborne are released or in a years time :)

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
fluky-nintendy said:
I think your PS4 needs a better owner, no offense but that's what I think. Buying a PS4 to play PS1 games doesn't make any sense. Saying certain games suck just because you think they are generic in your opinion is certainly not a good rant reason too because if you actually have a PS4 then you know what you expect the library will be like.

Are you people intentionally ignoring the fact that I stated that I bought the console so I would play bloodborne and persona? 

I did not buy a PS4 to play PS1 games I just think the console is the worst I've ever bought IN ITS CURRENT STATE. 

kinda hard to not ignore when you said so many wrongs things in your OP and still didn't addressed them when answered on it,

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PullusPardus said:
Bfriedli said:
You bought it because it looked nice....?? You bought it to play PS1 games...? PSNow a scam...? (free games and online access for games a scam... If any thing Xbox live for the xb1 is a scam) I really really think Microsoft paid you or you work for Microsoft or something like that. 20 of my friend have PS4 or Xbox one, 12 ps4/8 Xbox ones. All that own PS4 no complaints. 2 of the xb1 friends wish they would have got a ps4 and 2 more Xbox friends sold there xb1 to get a PS4. Anyone on the fence don't listen to this Paid Actor. Do your own research and rember you get what you pay for.

I love replies like this lol. X files theme plays in my head whenever I read stuff like this. 

How is PSNow not a scam? What free games are you talking about? ps plus you mean? 

Also I find it funny that someone calls me of all people a Microsoft employee. To be honest I would love to work there. I actually worked for Sony (Sony Ericsson back when it was called that to be specifc) if anything I love Sony. I have almost all their stuff. I'm typing this on an Xperia Z tablet, and I own Xperia Z phone and my main camera is a Sony A99 and second one is a handycam... Oh and my game monitor is s Bravia and my laptop is a Vaio. I had an HP and a toshiba and both lasted way less than my Vaio and I had that for maybe five or six years now I use it a lot. 

Sony is an excellent engineering company.... They suck balls on software though. Other than probably Sony Vegas and Media Go that is.

You know that claiming you own several Sony products don't mean or prove anything when your actions says otherwise... also if you think Sony sucks as SW company, and on it including all its games, why didn't you bought a X1 that would play most of the same games?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

You know that claiming you own several Sony products don't mean or prove anything when your actions says otherwise... also if you think Sony sucks as SW company, and on it including all its games, why didn't you bought a X1 that would play most of the same games?

When I say software company I meant the OS not the games. I love the Sony Japan games. It's one of my favorite developers and Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time hands down. 

I'm not too keen on their American or their European developers their games do not appeal to me.

PullusPardus said:
DonFerrari said:

When I say software company I meant the OS not the games. I love the Sony Japan games. It's one of my favorite developers and Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time hands down. 

I'm not too keen on their American or their European developers their games do not appeal to me.

You seem awfully unclear and bashing the console for reasons that aren't even true in most of the points, and the others were open info before you bought.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

You seem awfully unclear and bashing the console for reasons that aren't even true in most of the points, and the others were open info before you bought.

What are the reasons that aren't true? 

PullusPardus said:
DonFerrari said:

Your points that the system sucks because you were unable to find some functions and assumed they didn't exist.

DonFerrari said:
PullusPardus said:
DonFerrari said:

Your points that the system sucks because you were unable to find some functions and assumed they didn't exist.

Which ones?

PullusPardus said:
DonFerrari said:
PullusPardus said:

Which ones?

You can easily knows if a game is installed or not, disc or download.

You can easily see how updates are going.

You can easily see your download history.

You can play while a games download and/or install; and you can play while it updates.

Almost all retail releases for 60,00 but you aren't mandated to play farcry or buy it, you could buy older games for as low as 15 already.

And not all the games are as shit as you said they are... and you can play your older games, just can't play older gen.

DonFerrari said:

You can easily knows if a game is installed or not, disc or download.

You can easily see how updates are going.

You can easily see your download history.

You can play while a games download and/or install; and you can play while it updates.

Almost all retail releases for 60,00 but you aren't mandated to play farcry or buy it, you could buy older games for as low as 15 already.

And not all the games are as shit as you said they are... and you can play your older games, just can't play older gen.

- what I meant is how is this design any good? You'd have a lot of game icons that are just game installs. On ps3 the game installs are hidden under the "game data" category not on the front hub. So say if I own a lot of games and want to find a specific game I have to scroll right through all the game installs just to find an actual game sometimes a game is stuck in between.  It's a terrible ui design. It is similar to the vita. 

- Where did I say anything about not knowing the updates?

- Download history that are recently downloaded. I can not find my purchase history. Of PS4 games that I "purchased " when I had ps plus on ps3. 

- That doesn't seem to work on all games 

- I was wondering where was the ps classic games (they do not exist).  Or course I'm not forced to play far cry. If I'd play that I would on pc but i dislike most ubisoft games especially ac and far cry. I was saying that they probably removed the feature so we are forced to use their terrible ps now service instead. Unless they would have a subscription plan for that service it is going to flop hard. The prices on it are outrageous.