By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why does Drake look so different now?

After the PS experience that recently happened. there has been alot of Gifs, and screens of the new Drake model for Uncharted 4. 

My question is, Why is Naughty Dog changing the look of him so much? Before he really looked like Nathan Fillion, and it could be said that they modeled the character after him.

So why the change? besides his nose, he really looks like a different person.

I think some of this came after the Ellen Page , TLoU fiasco. where they even changed Ellie's look in the remaster. Also with all these celebrities/ex dictators that have been trying to sue for likeness. i.e Lohan, Noriega.

Do you see this as Sony trying to cover their bases against any future litigation? I personally don't see Fillion suing since there have been 3 games now, and I have never heard him complain.

Around the Network

Do you really think Fillion would sue?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nathan Fillion is not the type to sue over his representation. He actually plays video games, probably Uncharted included

I think many have said he looks more like Nolan North. This could simply be down to how they do facial capture.

If you ask me, his brother looks quite like Troy Baker too. I don't think there's a grand conspiracy going on here

plip.plop said:

After the PS experience that recently happened. there has been alot of Gifs, and screens of the new Drake model for Uncharted 4. 

My question is, Why is Naughty Dog changing the look of him so much? Before he really looked like Nathan Fillion, and it could be said that they modeled the character after him.

So why the change? besides his nose, he really looks like a different person.

I think some of this came after the Ellen Page , TLoU fiasco. where they even changed Ellie's look in the remaster. Also with all these celebrities/ex dictators that have been trying to sue for likeness. i.e Lohan, Noriega.

Do you see this as Sony trying to cover their bases against any future litigation? I personally don't see Fillion suing since there have been 3 games now, and I have never heard him complain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70jVUBnp6lQ

Check out this video from the desing team... they cover it.  The discuss the changes from U3 to U4, reasons, asthetics, and tech in detail.

He has more triangles in his head now, and the had to make him look older too. It wasn't like UC4 was going to take place a year after UC3. Whatever the case, I really don't mind it.

Having the main character looking different because of a next gen sequel is one of the reasons we never got Jak 4. Maybe they should have gone with a new series again.

Around the Network

Years and years in a sexual relationship with Sully changes a man..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

No, I don't think he would. Like I said there have been 3 games, and never heard a peep from him.
But Ellen Page complained about her likeness in TLoU, they even changed Ellie's look for the remaster.

I'll watch the vid, thanks CosmicSex.

plip.plop said:
No, I don't think he would. Like I said there have been 3 games, and never heard a peep from him.
But Ellen Page complained about her likeness in TLoU, they even changed Ellie's look for the remaster.

I'll watch the vid, thanks CosmicSex.

No Problem :)

the original trailer's dialog talked about a nathon drake that is older and "out of the game".

you'd look different after 10 years too right? it's simple attention to detail. i mean not the kind of attention to detail like putting an asshole on a space pig but still,. detail.

he's older