By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter vs Tomb Raider: which has more impact?

method114 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

for me, I want to play tomb raider.

I will wait for 2 years or so for the 5th/6th version of SF5 ultra turbo championship mega fuck yeah arcade edition.

sales wise, probably SF5 over time.

They already said they aren't doing that with this street fighter. They are going to do what killer instinct has been doing.

Right... I believe them when they say that!   lol

Around the Network
Jumpinbeans said:
TR
XBOX impact - zero. They would have got the game anyway.
PS4 - minimal as release date is close to uncharted and there is only going to be one winner if both released together on the same platform. TR 2013 sold 0.66million.

SF5
XBOX - medium impact - SF4 sold 2.8million copies WW on x360
PS4 impact - zero. They would have got the game anyway.

So looking at impact in terms of numbers SF5 has the biggest impact. Both decision though are probably born out of weaknesses in the respective genres.....well thats my take.

No the game wouldn't have been made without Sony.  Capcom said before they didn't even have the resources to port SF4 to next gen let alone make SF5.  I think its also confirmed that Sony is helping in the actual development also, but dont quote me on that. 

Street fighter is the biggest fighting franchise ever and it is the kind of game people usually play on arcade > console > PC. Arcades are not a big thing now, so PS4 will get a huge boost.Some people can argue that Xone has KI which makes SF "pointless" to them but KI never was a big fighting game.The remake didn't set the world on fire too so i expect street fighter 5 to give a huge boost for PS4.

-Tomb raider is beloved classic franchise,but is a shadow of it former self.Plus most part of the fan base is on playstation/pc for historical reasons.If the PC version exist it will canibalize pontential hardware boost plus playstation fans have uncharted 4 at the same time frame which makes tomb raider 2 "redundant" to them.

So imo SF 5 will have a bigger boost.

Street Fighter.

I do not care about it personally, but people will get a PS4 over a XBox One JUST because of Street Fighter.

Nobody is buying a XBox One JUST because of Tomb Raider.

Dont like any of them but Tomb Raider if I have to choose.

Around the Network

Neither, both are somewhat overrated franchises.

Forgot to give my opinion as op. Derp.

For me it's a loss. I'm not a Street Fighter fan, but I did greatly enjoy the tomb raider reboot on PS3.

The only fighting game I like is smash and Ive put thousands of hours on that franchise. Played ss4 a bunch of times and didn't like it.

Sales wise I think Street fighter has more fans, but more recently the Tomb Raider reboot was quite popular. Idk.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

LiquorandGunFun said:
method114 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

for me, I want to play tomb raider.

I will wait for 2 years or so for the 5th/6th version of SF5 ultra turbo championship mega fuck yeah arcade edition.

sales wise, probably SF5 over time.

They already said they aren't doing that with this street fighter. They are going to do what killer instinct has been doing.

Right... I believe them when they say that!   lol

Ah well if Capcom themselves saying they wont be taking that approach (which is the smart thing to do and releasing it as DLC is much cheaper and easier) isn't enough proof for you then I guess you can just wait for all of eternity. By the time you get the  game you'll be the only one playing it.

Chris Hu said:

lol SF is overrated? Ok I don't even know what to say to this. If there was a poll of the greatest fighting franchise of all time SF would win if not be damn near close it's far from overrated.

method114 said:
Chris Hu said:

lol SF is overrated? Ok I don't even know what to say to this. If there was a poll of the greatest fighting franchise of all time SF would win if not be damn near close it's far from overrated.

Its overrated, especially since it peaked in popularity with SF2 and that game is over 20 years old.