By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation China Con + Live Stream Launch 1/11/15 @ 2899 ($468)

Predict The Launch Window

Before 2015 7 10.94%

January 2015 27 42.19%

February 2015 8 12.50%

March 2015 6 9.38%

Between April And June 2015 6 9.38%

After July 2015 1 1.56%

Tomorrow 2 3.13%

See Results 7 10.94%

Total:64
Tachikoma said:
CosmicSex said:
Tachikoma said:
meanwhile, everyone in china that wanted a ps4 already bought one from the countless stores that openly sell them regardless.

Don't think so.  It looks like they priced under the import threshold... which is the biggest mistake the locked China Xbox One made.

Tell that to Tamron, he and 40 odd other people he works with bought theres in mainland china last year while he was there on business.

Being cheaper when it launches next year, doesnt mean it hasnt already sold a shitload "under the radar" for the past year.

Well the import PS4 is about 400-500RMB cheaper than Chinese version (2400-2500 vs 2899)

But price different isn't big, so there's chance

Btw, the region thing is unclear, mostly need to wait til few days before Jan 11(release date) to let media test it.

But then even it locked, people will still buy import one, so yeah, nothing really change(if it locked), though i would like to see it region free, because maybe it can make Xbox One China version also region free(since they're under same company in China, fair competition you know)

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
CosmicSex said:
Tachikoma said:
meanwhile, everyone in china that wanted a ps4 already bought one from the countless stores that openly sell them regardless.

Don't think so.  It looks like they priced under the import threshold... which is the biggest mistake the locked China Xbox One made.

Tell that to Tamron, he and 40 odd other people he works with bought theres in mainland china last year while he was there on business.

Being cheaper when it launches next year, doesnt mean it hasnt already sold a shitload "under the radar" for the past year.

I'm sure it has sold alot, but the point I was making is that the pricing is defenitely something that will sell legit mainland China consoles.  It will be more successful at continuing to attract consumers to Chinese retailers as long as it remains under the import threshold.  This is smart business and this is something Microsoft should be looking into.  Also, with a population as large as China's I doubt either console has exhausted their potential cusomer base. 

Aeolus451 said:
VXIII said:

Aeolus451 said:

If that's true, then most likely the ps4 will sell extremely well there. 

Well, that is how it works in the middle east countries. Many gamers create US accounts because the games are cheaper to download from the US store than the rest of the world. It also worked for banned games like Heavy Rain on PS3.

I did not know that some people would do all of that to get banned games or games cheaper.

It's not really "all that". It's only a couple of minutes to set the account up, and the savings are almost $20 per game. 

Probably region-locked given they didn't mention it. Sales will not come from parents as it's only for gaming. PSV is interesting though if those games actually get approved.

Prediction: PSV sales > PS4 in China mainland.

Burek said:
Aeolus451 said:
VXIII said:

Aeolus451 said:

If that's true, then most likely the ps4 will sell extremely well there. 

Well, that is how it works in the middle east countries. Many gamers create US accounts because the games are cheaper to download from the US store than the rest of the world. It also worked for banned games like Heavy Rain on PS3.

I did not know that some people would do all of that to get banned games or games cheaper.

It's not really "all that". It's only a couple of minutes to set the account up, and the savings are almost $20 per game. 

That's crazy. I would do that if I were in their position. 

Around the Network

Dammit, I missed it. Anything interesting happened?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

mymuro said:
Probably region-locked given they didn't mention it. Sales will not come from parents as it's only for gaming. PSV is interesting though if those games actually get approved.

Apparently, it isn't completely region locked as it will still allow you to use accounts in other countries like EU, JP, and US PSN.  The software is said to work just fine.  So basically it will play free digital software as long as it is linked to an account you are logged into.  There are also some rumblings saying that some retail software from other regions will work as well but that has not been confirmed yet.  

Interestingly enough, there were interesring comments on the Chinese site where people were a bit upset that the system doesn't appear to be locked.  They argument being made is that it will hurt Chinese based developers if people can obtain software from elsewhere.  China has a strong development community and one of the purposes of bringing in foreign consoles is to create opportunities for Chinese devs.    This is a very intersting conversation and I would love to dicuss the merits. 

CosmicSex said:
mymuro said:

Apparently, it isn't completely region locked as it will still allow you to use accounts in other countries like EU, JP, and US PSN.  The software is said to work just fine.  So basically it will play free digital software as long as it is linked to an account you are logged into.  There are also some rumblings saying that some retail software from other regions will work as well but that has not been confirmed yet.  

Interestingly enough, there were interesring comments on the Chinese site where people were a bit upset that the system doesn't appear to be locked.  They argument being made is that it will hurt Chinese based developers if people can obtain software from elsewhere.  China has a strong development community and one of the purposes of bringing in foreign consoles is to create opportunities for Chinese devs.    This is a very intersting conversation and I would love to dicuss the merits. 

Actually none of these are confimred, but one thing i'm pretty sure:it will be complete free or complete lock, no lock something and unlock something option.

I hope fromer will happen.

For second part, i can say it's because most Chinese console gamers think Chinese developer's game is fucking shit(which it's 80% true), and even it's region locked, i believe most Chinese console gamers still not going to play these games.

Vita will be there a system seller!

Dr.Vita said:
Vita will be there a system seller!

Yeah I'm expecting Vita to do well their as well.