By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation China Con + Live Stream Launch 1/11/15 @ 2899 ($468)

Predict The Launch Window

Before 2015 7 10.94%

January 2015 27 42.19%

February 2015 8 12.50%

March 2015 6 9.38%

Between April And June 2015 6 9.38%

After July 2015 1 1.56%

Tomorrow 2 3.13%

See Results 7 10.94%

Total:64
tak13 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
fluky-nintendy said:
200K first week? If they hype/advertise it well, it may sell even more than that :)

Sales will be supply constrained. Keep that in mind. :P

Back in October, the rumoured shipment was 200,000 units, though we have no idea of how true that will end up being. Also, we don't know how many Vitas they'll get and how that will perform.

Ah forgot about that! Let's hope the demand is big enough though, so maybe the can ship more!

I hope for the same!

Ah guys ah!The 200k aim is for the whole year...

True... It's pretty easy to imagine the PS4 being capable of a lot more than that. lol

Around the Network
Zackasaurus-rex said:
tak13 said:

True... It's pretty easy to imagine the PS4 being capable of a lot more than that. lol

i do not disagree!But i hope that you understand how small market for consoles is China,unfortunately...:P

VXIII said:

Aeolus451 said:

If that's true, then most likely the ps4 will sell extremely well there. 

Well, that is how it works in the middle east countries. Many gamers create US accounts because the games are cheaper to download from the US store than the rest of the world. It also worked for banned games like Heavy Rain on PS3.

I did not know that some people would do all of that to get banned games or games cheaper.

Do not understand it.

only 200,000 consoles may be sold for the year 2015?
or has something changed? something official?

meanwhile, everyone in china that wanted a ps4 already bought one from the countless stores that openly sell them regardless.

Around the Network
tak13 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
tak13 said:

i do not disagree!But i hope that you understand how small market for consoles is China,unfortunately...:P

I guess we'll find out how big of a market china really is for consoles when the ps4 hits china's streets. I don't think the xbone was a good test for it.

Looks like China is going to be another PS4 stronghold. Sony is only asking $70 more than it's US price, which I'm sure is mostly going to the company they have to partner with just to get into China, while MS is asking for a freaking $200 premium on top of its US price. I'm guessing Sony wants to just make some profit off the HW and MS was trying to make up for its loses in the UK/US from its pricecuts/promotions.

Tachikoma said:
meanwhile, everyone in china that wanted a ps4 already bought one from the countless stores that openly sell them regardless.

Don't think so.  It looks like they priced under the import threshold... which is the biggest mistake the locked China Xbox One made.

damn looks like i'm late!

where can i watch this recap?

CosmicSex said:
Tachikoma said:

Don't think so.  It looks like they priced under the import threshold... which is the biggest mistake the locked China Xbox One made.

Tell that to Tamron, he and 40 odd other people he works with bought theres in mainland china last year while he was there on business.

Being cheaper when it launches next year, doesnt mean it hasnt already sold a shitload "under the radar" for the past year.