By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft Counter PS4's Street Fighter V Announcement?

That's the thing no one should be fucking countering by moneyhatting established franchises. Make your own fucking games!

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
That's the thing no one should be fucking countering by moneyhatting established franchises. Make your own fucking games!

I totally agree! 

LordLichtenstein said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
LordLichtenstein said:

I mean, will the market let them?

PS4 currently has 63,87 % market share between the two, and personally, I believe that percentage will grow larger in the coming months.

Why? Let me tell you.
Early next year (Q1), when Playstation rolls out their exclusives: The Order: 1886, Bloodborne & MLB 15: The Show, Microsoft won't have anything to counter it, or at least has nothing announcend yet. I see this as a huge problem for Microsoft and Xbox One, because during these months, we will also see the release of these 3rd party games: Dying Light, Evolve, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, Final Fantasy Type-0, Project Cars & Battlefield: Hardline, all bound to sell better on Playstation 4 - judging by previous 3rd party releases.

- Obviously, one of these games stands out from the rest, Battlefield: Hardline.
This is a big one, and guess what, Playstation 4 has the marketing rights. Bundles incoming?

- Final Fantasy Type-0, which includes a demo of Final Fantasy XV.
That is likely to move a few consoles, or at least in Japan.

- And then we have the inevitable launch in China.

Will the percentage grow larger? I don't know, but there are good reasons to believe it will. 

So, going back to my initial question "can Microsoft counter PS4's Street Fighter V announcement?", Personally I don't believe they can.
I don't see how Microsoft could "moneyhat" a well-known 3rd party title and make it exclusive, while only having 36,13 % market share.
Sure, with Rise of the Tomb Raider they have shown, that they are able to get time-exclusivity deals in place, but for how long? If they keep losing market share.  

Seriously where did you get 63% of market share from ? 

By using math?

So far they haven't  even reach 50% market share yet 

Hardcore_gamer said:

Seriously where did you get 63% of market share from ? 

16.1M + 9.1M = 25.2M

16.1M (PS4s share of that 25.2M)/25.2M = 63.8888 --> 64%

9.1M (XBone's share of that 25.2M)/25.2M = 36.1111 --> 36%

He got it from math.

Mystro-Sama said:

Couldn't agree more. In fact I wish even games that Sony or MS made were released on both systems.

Around the Network
method114 said:
V-r0cK said:
If countering with another fighting game then MS best chance is to get exclusive for Marvel vs. Capcom.

I would've said Tekken as well but that's already in the works for both platforms.

IMO they can't counter SF5 exclusives. SF to me is a fighting game that stands on it's own. It's always been the best to me by a long shot. Other fighters can be fun but SF has always been the best obviously IMO.

Now I guess they could counter it if they did something ridiculous and get a bunch of top 3rd party games exlusive. An exclusive resident evil might have been enough in the past but that series has fallen so far from grace I wouldn't care much.

Oh I agree with you about SF.  It's truly the best fighting game and no other can come close to it.  I also love the whole SF community and their passion where they truly show that SF is more than just a game.  No other fighting game has ever come close to the level that SF is at.

MS can counter easily but just depends on how much money they're actually willing to spend.  MS's Tomb Raider exclusive was to counter Uncharted but I still don't think that'll work all that well.

Fusioncode said:
They're going to moneyhat GTA6, Fallout 4, Red Dead 3, and even Uncharted 4. I don't even know how that's possible.

Can they do that? The potencial PS4 sales lost with exclusivity is massive. Surely, even Microsoft cant waste that much money to moneyhat. Its fortunes we are talking about here to make it worth it to the developer. In the case of Fallout and Red dead it would be several millions in sales. Its tough.

Who cares! It's not like Street Fighter is a AAA game. Nobody outside of hardcore fans give a shit.

V-r0cK said:
method114 said:
V-r0cK said:
If countering with another fighting game then MS best chance is to get exclusive for Marvel vs. Capcom.

I would've said Tekken as well but that's already in the works for both platforms.

IMO they can't counter SF5 exclusives. SF to me is a fighting game that stands on it's own. It's always been the best to me by a long shot. Other fighters can be fun but SF has always been the best obviously IMO.

Now I guess they could counter it if they did something ridiculous and get a bunch of top 3rd party games exlusive. An exclusive resident evil might have been enough in the past but that series has fallen so far from grace I wouldn't care much.

Oh I agree with you about SF.  It's truly the best fighting game and no other can come close to it.  I also love the whole SF community and their passion where they truly show that SF is more than just a game.  No other fighting game has ever come close to the level that SF is at.

MS can counter easily but just depends on how much money they're actually willing to spend.  MS's Tomb Raider exclusive was to counter Uncharted but I still don't think that'll work all that well.

Yep completely agreed the community is great. Although I was pissed that I would beat people on 360 and they would give me bad rep. I wasn't even doing cheap things like constantly throwing or constant leg sweeps.

The TR things was a big deal to a lot of people but honestly I didn't care at all. The  game just wasn't that great to me it started off good but then it just got really boring and I struggled to finish it.

Hardcore_gamer said:

So far they haven't  even reach 50% market share yet

Gamz said:
Who cares! It's not like Street Fighter is a AAA game. Nobody outside of hardcore fans give a shit.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)