By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft Counter PS4's Street Fighter V Announcement?

enditall727 said:

Why would they need to? If anything, Sony is the one countering MS after getting Tomb Raider.

If MS announces another 3rd party exclusive then it will most likely be something that was going to happen regardless if Sony had got Street Fight 5 or not.

Are you really that naive, do you really think Sony got Street Fighter V, AFTER Microsoft got Tomb Raider?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Of course they can if they wanted to! The question is do they really want to?

I don't think so.

counter or not, they will stay in second place, so who really cares?

Hardcore_gamer said:

Seriously where did you get 63% of market share from ? 

By adding the totals and then dividing?

Don't they already have Killer Instinct? I heard it's a great game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

They cant counter it with a similar popularity game, but they can still get niche games

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

LordLichtenstein said:
enditall727 said:

Why would they need to? If anything, Sony is the one countering MS after getting Tomb Raider.

If MS announces another 3rd party exclusive then it will most likely be something that was going to happen regardless if Sony had got Street Fight 5 or not.

Are you really that naive, do you really think Sony got Street Fighter V, AFTER Microsoft got Tomb Raider?

Maybe so

Or else they attempted to get something after Titanfall?

Or maybe you're an insider who works at Sony and knows exactly what happened with Street Fighter 5?

theprof00 said:
Hardcore_gamer said:

Seriously where did you get 63% of market share from ? 

By adding the totals and then dividing?

Good job!

enditall727 said:
LordLichtenstein said:
enditall727 said:

Maybe so

Or else they attempted to get something after Titanfall?

Or maybe you're an insider who works at Sony and knows exactly what happened with Street Fighter 5?

Titanfall is more likely, than Tomb Raider :)

V-r0cK said:
If countering with another fighting game then MS best chance is to get exclusive for Marvel vs. Capcom.

I would've said Tekken as well but that's already in the works for both platforms.

IMO they can't counter SF5 exclusives. SF to me is a fighting game that stands on it's own. It's always been the best to me by a long shot. Other fighters can be fun but SF has always been the best obviously IMO.

Now I guess they could counter it if they did something ridiculous and get a bunch of top 3rd party games exlusive. An exclusive resident evil might have been enough in the past but that series has fallen so far from grace I wouldn't care much.