By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony UK boss says: "The home of Street Fighter is PlayStation.

Ajax said:

This is how pr works.

This Sony guy says something thats not true, and some people actually think, hey, that sounds like something I would like to be true, so lets just believe its true.

More like most people just shrug and never think about it again, because it's just something some guy said, except for those who get uptight about it and want to turn it into an argument.

That's when the first group is like, "hey, this could be fun."

Around the Network

Nah sorry sony... more like arcade is the natural home

Praise the One.

Well maybe, but it is home of the PlayStation now!

I would say PS is a home for modern JRPG, but not for Street Fighter, second home " yes " it second home always Japanese home console ( Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation ) and it's current home is PS4 and the villa is PC

Of course, Street Fighter 2 was originally released in the PSone after all. '-.-

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Around the Network

Sony is not even allowed PR these days.

Why not just make another Bloody Roar if they want an exclusive fighter so bad?

Ajax said:

Only the EX series can be considered a Playstation series.
Street Fighter as a whole cant be said to have PS as its "home", like other series have.
The whole III series even passed the PS consoles until a 2004 port of SF III: 3rd Strike.

That Sony guy must have thought he was talking about Tekken.

I agree with this

I am 30 years old.

StreetFighter II was a cultural phenomenon like Pokemon in the late 90s or Minecraft, but centered around arcades. I expect most men my age to be able to recognize the 12 characters of Street Fighter IV.

The best selling Capcom game for 2 decades was Street Fighter II for Super Nintendo. And it was barely passed by Resident Evil 5, 6.5 millions vs 6.3 millions.

Street Fighter II turbo and Super Street Fighter II were also million sellers. Over one third of Street Fighter sales were in the 16 bits generation.

The Saturn was prefered for 2d games over the Playstation by hardcore gamers. Pretty much the only reason it sold 8 million units was its arcade ports. Like a cheap Neo Geo. It actually did better in Japan than the Gnesis and N64, over 5 million units.

Street Fighter III vanilla is still a dreamcast exclusive iirc.

And last gen hardcore gamers prefered the 360 because the Playstation version had 2 extra frames of input lag. 

I think this gen will be the first time Playstation is the "home" of Street Fighter, but then, I also think there will be a great growth of the pc community for this game. Capcom themselves said the pc version exists because of third world gamers like those of china or latin america.

... And PC!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fusioncode said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:

Natural home though.

Every single Street Fighter since 1995 has sold best on Playstation. Sounds like a natural home to me. 

Not better than the amount they've sold to arcades.

Arcades still exist?

Unfortunately not in the west. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.