By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where on the timeline will be Zelda U?

Where on the timeline will be Zelda U?

Original timeline (Between SS and OoT) 55 59.78%

Adult timeline 16 17.39%

Child timeline 7 7.61%

Defeated timeline 9 9.78%

It will be in Lorule (Not... 5 5.43%

Total:92

The game will be called The Legend of Zelda, and be a remake/retelling of the first Zelda game.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Smear-Gel said:

That cant work, because if Nico is still alive, the time between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks couldnt have been that long, and in Phantom Hourglass, Hyrule is a giant ocean. The Hyrule in Spirit Tracks is just a huge landmass they sailed to.

Ever thought Hero of the Winds and Zelda Wii U Link are the same guy?

It's definitely a possibility, just putting that out there. Even if I don't think it's the case.

I havent thought they were the same, or even similar enough to be related, honestly. The similar outfits are interesting, but doesnt do enough to make me beleive the ocean was gone between PH and ST.

mZuzek said:
Smear-Gel said:

I havent thought they were the same, or even similar enough to be related, honestly. The similar outfits are interesting, but doesnt do enough to make me beleive the ocean was gone between PH and ST.

The ocean isn't gone. What I'm saying is, this could take place after Phantom Hourglass, when Link and co. arrive in New Hyrule. Link's first adventure in this new land would be represented in Zelda Wii U, which would take place some 5 or 6 years after his previous quests, which explains his older look. I've said it before, the game has a strong "discover the land" vibe to it, and that would only really be possible when discovering Hyrule (after Skyward Sword) or New Hyrule (after Phantom Hourglass).

Oh. But the whole "after Windwaker" theory is based on this Hyrule being the result of the ocean draining away. I never thought of it just being pre-New Hyrule.

mZuzek said:
The way you put it it's almost like they didn't deliberately make Zelda 2 after Zelda 1, A Link to the Past before both and the GB/GBC games right after it, Ocarina of Time before all of them and Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker as OoT sequels, and Skyward Sword as the prequel to everything and Phantom Hourglass as the sequel to The Wind Waker with Spirit Tracks coming after it and A Link Between Worlds after the Link to the Past saga games.

There was always a timeline. Sure, there are plotholes here and there, but most of it was intentional going all the way back to the 80's titles. And no matter how much you hate the official timeline, it's still there, it's still official, and nothing you say will change that.

Edit: and I'm directing this to all of you timeline haters.

You are partially right... but one thing that should be noted is that a number of games were originally positioned differently from how they now are. Miyamoto himself said, after OoT released, that the sequence went OoT -> Zelda 1 -> Zelda 2 -> LttP, with LA appearing anywhere in the sequence (although most accept that LA Link is the same as LttP Link)... he later changed this to put LttP before Zelda 1.

And that's because, under Miyamoto, there was no real timeline. Miyamoto has always operated on an "each game is actually independent" approach to storyline development, with the timeline being fluid as each new game could change the order. It was under Aonuma that a proper timeline was developed.

It's fairly clear that the original intent was to have OoT's "official ending" (of Ganondorf trapped in the Sacred Realm) as the explanation for how the Dark World came to be in LttP. Aonuma had a different idea, and thus the multiple timelines came to be.

So while you can say that "there was always a timeline", and it's strictly true, it misses an important detail. The Timeline wasn't "official" until recently (with the release of the Hyrule Historia). Before then, it was nothing more than a guide, something developed to help them fit the mythology together and help spark story ideas, but subject to change as game details are tweaked. And it's not like there aren't still holes created by the official timeline.

the obvious answer is Original Timeline...

But I hope its post Child Era...Both Ganondorf and Vaati are resurrected in that Era = serious shit going down.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

I want it to be before TP, in the Child Timeline; big war, hunting down Ganondorf, ends with his execution

BUT I think it'll be 25 years or so after SS ends and be about the formation of Hyrule. That story could also work after Phantom Hourglass, with the founding of New Hyrule.

Either way I've a hunch that it will fundamentally be about establishing the Kingdom of Hyrule.

Its simple, the devs dont really care. Just like every other Zelda game that isnt intended to be a direct sequel or prequel.

after zelda 2 at the end of the timeline

after PH in new Hyrule

after ST in new Hyrule

Didn't Aunoma once say (after the release of SS) that he'd focus on tying all the time lines together from here on? And if this game in some way or another uses time travel/shift this game could take place almost anywhere on the time line. If this game uses time stones in one way or another (as indicated by several things, but maybe best pointed out in gamexplain's videos), this could indicate that this game will somehow tie it all together.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm going to predict that i's right after Skyward Sword. Link looks a lot like he did in the game and he's right-handed. Skyward Sword has been the only Zelda game to date where it was part of the canon for Link to be right-handed (the reversed world in Twilight Princess for the Wii was not canon). Unless motion controls are involved, then there's no reason why they would not make Link left-handed, unless it is the same Link from Skyward Sword.

That and the apparent wilderness of the land would make more sense chronologically.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com