By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where on the timeline will be Zelda U?

Where on the timeline will be Zelda U?

Original timeline (Between SS and OoT) 55 59.78%

Adult timeline 16 17.39%

Child timeline 7 7.61%

Defeated timeline 9 9.78%

It will be in Lorule (Not... 5 5.43%

Total:92
DevilRising said:
The whole "Zelda Timeline" idea is a fucking mess to begin with. Nintendo never ever should have cowed to certain vocal fans that insisted they create one, because quite frankly, there IS no "timeline" that makes any real sense, if you actually stop to try and think about it.

The games aren't all connected. They don't need to all be connected. That's why it's "The Legend of Zelda", because it's a Legend, being retold in various ways. *shrugs*

Whatever, I just care if the game lives up to even half it's hype. That'll be enough for me.

Meh, it pretty much all makes complete sense to me. And a tonne of it was deliberate.

Around the Network
vkaraujo said:
3- The world -
This was clear since E3, but this can't be WW timeline because it doesn't have enought 7.8 on IG... water, i meant water.

It could be prior to the flood, but in the WW timeline. Or it could be far into the future of the WW timeline, after another event leads to the draining of the great sea.

In fact, prior to the flood is my personal pick for where I think this game will sit. Wind Waker introduced a number of concepts that didn't get reused for TP or SS - Sages of Earth and Wind being the most notable ones. This could be set in the time in which Fado and Laruto were the active sages, and could potentially set up a more detailed explanation as to what happened in the events leading to the flood.

Main evidence? Well, how about this?

Look familiar?

TP and SS both have significantly different starting clothes. But Link in this game appears to have clothes very similar to WW Link's starting clothes (the key difference being the water motif on WW Link's clothes). Hairstyle is similar, too, with the main difference being the hair colour.

Given WW's emphasis on tradition, with children getting the Green Tunic when they come of age as a tradition. But what if the tradition extends a little further than that, for Link's family? Perhaps the blue outfit was the family design, because they're descendant from the Zelda U Link? After all, the implication with the flood and the WW storyline is that the original Hero has disappeared and a new Hero is needed to take his place. This might be the backstory to the new Hero's lineage, perhaps.

Yeah.........there are a LOT of plotholes, inconsistencies, stark contradictions, and....you know, the fact that the kingdom of Hyrule, even over thousands of years, would not change THAT dramatically. It's pretty much a totally different world every single game.

But hey, timeline away. *shrugs*

DevilRising said:
Yeah.........there are a LOT of plotholes, inconsistencies, stark contradictions, and....you know, the fact that the kingdom of Hyrule, even over thousands of years, would not change THAT dramatically. It's pretty much a totally different world every single game.

But hey, timeline away. *shrugs*

I'm not gonna get as angry as the other guy.

But take it from a major timeline nerd. The timeline really makes a tonne of sense, and most of it was put together before Nintendo even announced the full official one.

The biggest plothole I can think of is why Zelda doesnt recognize link in Oracle of S/A. The world looking different is a valid complaint, but is pretty much just a thing to accept. Plus, OoT isnt really that different from LttP or TP.

mZuzek said:

Well of course they're going to make huge changes in Hyrule, they have to make full use of the power they have at hands and make it impressive each time and also make it always change in some ways to keep the wonder and freshness. I don't exactly wish we had every Zelda game play in Ocarina of Time's Hyrule with improved textures and models each time.

At the other guy, I'm not "angry".

Hey we both cant be other guy.

Less angry and more agressive, really.

Around the Network

It should be in the "Adult era". I think it should take place before WW, because of the similarities between Link's clothes (as Ayelin said), the huuuuge world, and (kinda random) you see how there are some Sheika references in Gamexplain's analisys? Well, the Sheika don't make an appearance in WW, so I think that in this game the Sheika take a big role but dissapear/go extinct; the game would take place before the flood of Hyrule.

But the problem is that in the timeline this time is known as "The Era without a Hero".

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Smear-Gel said:
Busted said:
genuine question, who cares?

You clearly arent in the Zelda fanbase if you're asking that seriously.

It's really annoying for people to project they not caring for the timeline unto the entire fanbase, honestly.

1 - Yes, i am

2 - I'm not trying to project anything if that's what you're implying - If you're not, ignore No 3 ↓

3 - Why can't someone just ask a question normally these days? what i tried to say was = could someone tell me who does actually care about this? a testimony of someone who just likes to keep track of the timeline, telling me some of his reasons why, would have been enough

4 - It's kind of annoying for me when people point to a post containing only a question w/o actually trying to answer it :( - but... cheers!

Slarvax said:

It should be in the "Adult era". I think it should take place before WW, because of the similarities between Link's clothes (as Ayelin said), the huuuuge world, and (kinda random) you see how there are some Sheika references in Gamexplain's analisys? Well, the Sheika don't make an appearance in WW, so I think that in this game the Sheika take a big role but dissapear/go extinct; the game would take place before the flood of Hyrule.

But the problem is that in the timeline this time is known as "The Era without a Hero".

I dont see why everyone is linking it to Windwker by putting it before the game, when it'd probably make more sense waaaay after it (and after Spirit Tracks) in the distant-ish future. It'd still explain the huge world.

Busted said:

1 - Yes, i am

2 - I'm not trying to project anything if that's what you're implying - If you're not, ignore No 3 ↓

3 - Why can't someone just ask a question normally these days? what i tried to say was = could someone tell me who does actually care about this? a testimony of someone who just likes to keep track of the timeline, telling me some of his reasons why, would have been enough

4 - It's kind of annoying for me when people point to a post containing only a question w/o actually trying to answer it :( - but... cheers!

Meh, it's just that it's pretty clear that a huge part of the Zelda fanbase goes crazy for this stuff, so asking "who cares" seems odd to do when this is a huge thing to like half the fanbase. If you wanted to know "why?" then maybe asking "who wasnt a great idea. "Why are people interested in the timeline" would have been clearer.

I almost feel like I'm coming off as really sarcastic in this thread which I dont want.

mZuzek said:
Smear-Gel said:

I dont see why everyone is linking it to Windwker by putting it before the game, when it'd probably make more sense waaaay after it (and after Spirit Tracks) in the distant-ish future. It'd still explain the huge world.

That's funny, I think if it's in the adult timeline it makes the most sense before Spirit Tracks.

That cant work, because if Nico is still alive, the time between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks couldnt have been that long, and in Phantom Hourglass, Hyrule is a giant ocean. The Hyrule in Spirit Tracks is just a huge landmass they sailed to.