By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo annouces Smash Bros Wii U bundle!!!

KyleeStrutt said:
The release date makes it seem like a last minute decision, maybe Smash didn't boost Wiiu as espected and their getting desperate.

Seems logical when considering this bundle is only for Spain. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Hiku said:
dahuman said:
fleischr said:
I know it's last minute and that 8GB is clearly inferior, but I don't get all the complaining. Unlike the PS4 and X1, WiiU games typically don't require enormous patches or installs to play games. 8GB should be plenty serviceable for a lot of people.

Clearly there's 8GB white model stock to clear. They have every reason to put this at a much more affordable price point -- which means Ninty will have some idea the kind of demand they could get with a lower priced 32GB model.

I think these will likely have a solid sell-through by end of December as some Christmas gift giving will likely be pushed into the weekend since the holiday is on a Thursday...

Overall good move. Nintendo has to do everything they can to capture as much momentum as they can now so they can have an even better 2015.

uh, that's simply not true lol, things get patched a lot on it, the answer is invest in an external storage option for it cause even 32GB is too small, I run a 2TB HDD on a docking station lol.

That's the main problem I have with the Wii U, and why I haven't gotten one yet.
It's supposedly the cheapest of the three consoles. But being forced to invest in an external harddrive so easily makes it almost the same price as its competitors. On top of the competitors offering bundles with pretty much every top title they release, and as soon as they release them, it's hard to see Wii U being tempting in terms of value. I want it because of its games, but I'm not going to pay more for something than I think it's worth. (To me.)

I'll wait and see if we'll get a proper Smash bundle in the coming months, or a price drop

there is some true there, but in the wii u case is not mandatory to install every game like in ps4 and xbox one, plus the online gameplay is for free, you dont have to pay 50 dollars per year to play online

for me its convenient if it will cost less than wii u 32gb+smash, as for the memory i already have an external HDD usb 2.0 i could put into use

I wished I had bought the 8GB version. Looks better than my black Wii U.

This must be a bundle for all countries not only for spain, but i´m glad at least my country is gonna have it soon, WiiU sales here are really weak.

yvanjean said:

Nintendo had been treading water for a while. They never even tried getting on the boat.

Damn, that's pretty good. I wish I'd come up with that.

Around the Network

Not surprised by this move by Nintendo.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
8 GB? Seriously? Why not the 32 GB, or heck, increase the memory!

Does it mattter? You need a external hard drive anyway. Even my iPhone has more memory than the Wii U, lol. ^^

Nice bundle though. I thought about getting that basic Wii U with Skylanders and Nintendoland. It's available for 239 € in germany right now. But as I'm not interested at all into the two games, I'm just gonna wait for the Smash Bros. Bundle. 199 € would be nice! kthxbye!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Lets be sensible here. Nintendo will obviously release an external hard drive just for WiiU with DLC or games included at a premium price with a mushroom or something stamped on it.

Hiku said:
dahuman said:
Hiku said:
dahuman said:
fleischr said:
I know it's last minute and that 8GB is clearly inferior, but I don't get all the complaining. Unlike the PS4 and X1, WiiU games typically don't require enormous patches or installs to play games. 8GB should be plenty serviceable for a lot of people.

Clearly there's 8GB white model stock to clear. They have every reason to put this at a much more affordable price point -- which means Ninty will have some idea the kind of demand they could get with a lower priced 32GB model.

I think these will likely have a solid sell-through by end of December as some Christmas gift giving will likely be pushed into the weekend since the holiday is on a Thursday...

Overall good move. Nintendo has to do everything they can to capture as much momentum as they can now so they can have an even better 2015.

uh, that's simply not true lol, things get patched a lot on it, the answer is invest in an external storage option for it cause even 32GB is too small, I run a 2TB HDD on a docking station lol.

That's the main problem I have with the Wii U, and why I haven't gotten one yet.
It's supposedly the cheapest of the three consoles. But being forced to invest in an external harddrive so easily makes it almost the same price as its competitors. On top of the competitors offering bundles with pretty much every top title they release, and as soon as they release them, it's hard to see Wii U being tempting in terms of value. I want it because of its games, but I'm not going to pay more for something than I think it's worth. (To me.)

I'll wait and see if we'll get a proper Smash bundle in the coming months, or a price drop

Not true at all, your initial PS4 or X1 drive size is about 500-512GB and that's before it gets formatted and not counting the OS which then results in 400GB or less which is still not enough, and to upgrade or add a HDD, you'd have to spend the same amount of money. 400GB gets filled really fast if most games you get are digital which is what I do. Been doing that with Steam since the year it came out and I'm never going back to physical copies if I can help it.

Oh it is true. You can't compare the drive in PS4/X1 to the one in Wii U as if the situation is similar.
You can fill up the Wii U drive with one single game, to the point where you can't even fit another, based on which game you chose. That's completely impossible on PS4/X1. You can't find any one game on on those consoles that would prevent you from fitting any another game on the drive. Not even close. You'd be up to around 10-12 games at the very least, and that's if you only pick the biggest ones available. And if you only pick the biggest ones on the Wii U, you can only fit one single game.
And I'm talking about the 32GB drive for Wii U of course. The 8GB, depending on the game, can't even fit one single game. Smash for example is 15GB. Bayonetta 1+2 is 16+16. Assasins Creed 3 is 17G, etc.

So no, the situation is very different.
Can you fill up your PS4/X1 drives fast as well? Absolutely. But nowhere nearly as easily as you can with the Wii U drive. The difference is about tenfolded.
Can you get by with the 500 GB drive on PS4/X1 if you only get a few (around 7 or so) digital games, and the rest retail? Very likely.
Can you do that for Wii U? Not likely at all.

in wii u is not mandatory to install the games while in ps4 and xbox one is, so account that besides the downlaoded games and the memory will be consumed in no time

Hiku said:
dahuman said:
Hiku said:
dahuman said:
fleischr said:

Not true at all, your initial PS4 or X1 drive size is about 500-512GB and that's before it gets formatted and not counting the OS which then results in 400GB or less which is still not enough, and to upgrade or add a HDD, you'd have to spend the same amount of money. 400GB gets filled really fast if most games you get are digital which is what I do. Been doing that with Steam since the year it came out and I'm never going back to physical copies if I can help it.

Oh it is true. You can't compare the drive in PS4/X1 to the one in Wii U as if the situation is similar.
You can fill up the Wii U drive with one single game, to the point where you can't even fit another, based on which game you chose. That's completely impossible on PS4/X1. You can't find any one game on on those consoles that would prevent you from fitting any another game on the drive. Not even close. You'd be up to around 10-12 games at the very least, and that's if you only pick the biggest ones available. And if you only pick the biggest ones on the Wii U, you can only fit one single game.
And I'm talking about the 32GB drive for Wii U of course. The 8GB, depending on the game, can't even fit one single game. Smash for example is 15GB. Bayonetta 1+2 is 16+16. Assasins Creed 3 is 17G, etc.

So no, the situation is very different.
Can you fill up your PS4/X1 drives fast as well? Absolutely. But nowhere nearly as easily as you can with the Wii U drive. The difference is about tenfolded.
Can you get by with the 500 GB drive on PS4/X1 if you only get a few (around 7 or so) digital games, and the rest retail? Very likely.
Can you do that for Wii U? Not likely at all.

No, you are still wrong, because people who buy digital only will get an external or another internal drive for the PS4 either way, it's not about the number of games you can fit on it initially, but the fact that people will get a new drive either way unless they want to start deleting things every some months to make more space for the games they want digitally, the talk of no need to upgrade HDD or SSD in consoles was not valid even in late 7th gen, you are behind the times by at least 10 years with that broken logic.