By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you hated Wind Waker, you'll really hate Zelda U.

Ok good, WW is my favourite Zelda so far.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
spemanig said:
prayformojo said:

Well, we went from MM which, without a guide, most people can't 100% to WW. That was such a HUGE drop off that alot of us thought it wasn't hard enough. I'll probably buy Zelda-U anyway (I mean, I own a freakin' Wii-U, what else am I going to play if not Nintendo's IP?) but I hope it's tougher than WW.

Most people don't finish any Zelda. I seiously wouldn't say that MM is much more difficult that WW or any Zelda really. I do hope it's tougher because I like a challenge, but like I said, Zelda isn't really where I go to find one.

Where did you hear that most people don't finished Zelda games? That sounds crazy to me. I mean, it's a single player only, offline game. There's only ONE objective... beat the game. Why would anyone want to buy something like that if they didn't intend to beat it? 

People...I swear.

well, it's hard to finish something that's not fun. i can barely force myself to finish 3ds Ocarina of Time and i quit Wind Waker at Triforce Quest.

only Zelda game i EVER finish without feeling drag is A Link Between World.

Dechizen said:
not at all, sailing got boring,

noone forced you to stare at the screen while waiting for link to reach an island. And its not more boring than pressing analog stick UP and walking around a (non zelda) grassfield or snowfield or a grey/brown city for the 1000000th time in the last 10 years.

Wow. Talk about speculation.

That's a good OP indeed. The one thing which concerns me is we've seen a couple minutes of footage and everyone is already jumping to conclusions. Seems a little pre-emptive, if you ask me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

wrong, who dont like windwaker, will love next zelda game

look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SECWlFInyFM

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Good thing Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, then.

I hope this is the beginning of a most consistent flow of information, though. I don't think this and the E3 trailer alone can tide me over until next E3. Though, come to think of it, it's pretty interesting that the main bulk of information about the game is surfacing during Western events.

I'm pleased with what I've seen so far! Of course they're not going to show too much yet, but it helped give us an idea of what it will be like.

There could definitely be a lot more going on in the overworld already that we don't know about and he purposely left out.
At the same time, maybe there isn't much going on, but after showing the video and most likely receiving a lot of feedback from fans wishing there was more, they could definitely make that happen.

No comparisson between the two. for starters, the whole wind waker area (including the sea) fits in the area we've seen in the latest footage of zelda U. and instead of sailing, it's all walking/climbing terrain.

Jesus Christ this is a lot of assumptions to make based on 30 seconds of gameplay.

Anyway good thing Wind Waker is one of my favorite games of all time.