By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBO console exclusive retail lineup in 2015

Vasto said:
DexInDaJungle said:
I find it hard to believe that this is all Xbox has to offer in all of 2015. Which means, we're getting some announcements within the next 2 months or maybe even some sort of show like PSX to reveal new things.

I'd like to add that shinobi did say we're getting a Gears of War game in 2015, probably a remake of some sorts but if his sources are right then thats one more to add to the list. Then there is the heavily rumored Banjo Kazooie game which we're supposed to find out about at E3 and of course we know Rare is making multiple games so there's that.

Of course rumors are nothing to get hyped up about, we've been disappointed in the past but if we were to add Gears and Banjo to the 2015 line-up it certainly feels more impressive and adds a little more variety to the console.

Phil already said there will be announcments so we just have to wait.

But I doubt many announcements will release in 2015. Gears collection maybe and that one is what I really hope. 

Around the Network

seriously meh, meh meh meh, ooooo quantum break.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

JustBeingReal said:
darkenergy said:
JustBeingReal said:

How come you haven't changed your list Fusioncode?

The only exclusives announced for Xbox One for 2015 are Quantum Break, Halo 5 and Fable Legends, the rest are all available on 360, besides Crackdown which isn't even hinted at for 2015, let alone confirmed.

God there really isn't much for the XB1 in 2015, what the hell have Microsoft been up to? They claim they have all of these exclusives and really they have 3 games exclusive for XB1 and only one of those (Fable) is likely to come out before the second half of 2015.

They're thinking that 360 owners would rather buy the likes of Ori and Scream Ride on XB1 than just buy those games on their 360s?
They put all the effort in trying to get the sales up to a decent level at the end of 2014 and have nothing in the way of reasons to keep that sales momentum up.

Unless Quantum Break is somehow going to release in Q2/3 it really is a wasteland for exclusives on XB1. Multiplats most would rather buy on PS4 and PS4 also has multiple major releases early next year, tonnes of other games you can't get on XB1 and loads more exclusives coming later, along with the best looking game of the generation so far, even while that games still in Pre-Alpha.

Wii U also destroys the XB1 for exclusives next year.

Unless MS are having an event early next year, to release a couple of surprise 1st party games Microsoft will loose a huge amount of ground and fall back into 3rd place for sales. Once the likes of Zelda and Starfox drop Nintendo will likely move more units later next year than XB1 will as well.

I don't see QB being a system seller, the only real people that interested in it are people that already have the XB1.
Microsoft needs to try harder!

LOL Microsoft won't go back to 3rd place you think Zelda and Star Fox will make it go back to second place? Are you forgetting about third party support? Halo 5? Gears of War? Xbox One will always be on top of WiiU.

For one thing Gears is far off,  early 2016 at the earliest, we're talking about 2015 games here. Halo 5 is one game and the MCC has already canabalized some of those numbers, most of the XB1's early adopters are Halo fans, so they've already bought the system thinking it was coming out when MCC came out or bought it for MCC, a lot of Halo fans didn't like Halo 4, so the amount of people that will buy an XB1 for Halo 5 is probably smaller than past Halo games.

Sony has 3rd party dominance this generation, with all of it's exclusives that will actually make PS4 even more likely to be the place where people buy their 3rd party games.

3rd party effect on hardware sales for XB1 will be even less than it has been this year because of all of the additional exclusives people have to buy a PS4 over that system, besides better performance in those 3rd party games and DLC coming 1st to PS4.

Many have been waiting for Zelda, people like myself, the Starfox crowd haven't bought into the system yet, there aren't just those games either, new IPs in Splatoon (could very well appeal to gamers that like games like Plants vs Zombies for some chaotic, cartoon violence), Xeno Blade will appeal to past Xeno fans, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario Maker, there's a fairly long list. Another factor is also price, which is far more likely to drop substantially to support those releases.

There's also the factor of the online being free, way more past exclusives launching in 2014, I mean the library is pretty huge.

As a secondary platform to complament PS4 Wii U is actually far more interesting to gamers that play a more descerning style of game than the line-up XB1 has, the full library that Wii U ends up having in 2015 is actually huge.

The only thing that may interest some of the PS4 audience on XB1 next year is maybe Quantum Break, but Remedy titles aren't known for pushing huge numbers and it's fairly likely that Quantum Break would eventually release on PC anyway, just like Alan Wake did.

The vast majority of people that haven't got an 8th gen console yet will be looking at where most of the exclusives they're interested in are or where the best versions of those games are and that's on PS4 and Wii U in 2015. Most people don't buy a considered purchase, that will set them back a few hundred pounds or dollars (just for the hardware) without considering the full line-up of games that are unique to each system, PS4 and Wii U have a lot more than XB1 judging by what's been announced for 2015 already and what's already out this year.

You think the kind of gamer that likes Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, Tearaway, Fat Princess Adventures, along with Infamous, The Order, Uncharted, Bloodborne is going to go for Halo 5, when they could be playing Yoshi, Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda Starfox, Bayonetta? The only kinds of games that may appeal are Quantum Break and Fable, the 360 owner can already play the likes of Ori and the Blind Forest.

As far as software libraries go Wii U is the perfect complament to a PS4, the fact that the gamer buying that system doesn't have to pay for online, there's a lot more exclusives on it and the system is much cheaper than XB1, it all really adds up to Wii U getting much bigger sales in 2015 based on all of these things.

You do realise that xbox one sales actually do increase when third party games come out like destiny, fifa, and call of duty right. Oh unlike Alan Wake Microsoft actually owns the property for Quantum Break which they didn't for DR3 and Ryse so QB on PC doesn't seem likely.Also you realise that games like Ratchet and clank, tearaway, Fat Princess are niche titles right? As for LBP3 aren't sales below it's predecesors? Like others have pointed out you have no idea what you are talking about especially saying that xbox one games are also available for the 360 yet there are ps4 games that are also available for the ps3.

Proud to be a Californian.

Hhhmmm...MS needs to announce some more games...This is looking a little bare.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

NobleTeam360 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
JustBeingReal said:

What PS3 ports are coming to PS4 in 2015?

Just off the top of my head, Godzilla and USF IV. There are others too, but I am not going to bother doing your own homework. The point is your definition of exclusive and your acceptance of lists of said exclusives seems to vary wildly based on what system is on the receiving end.

Persona 5 too. 

Together with Ys that's also coming to vita, those are the games that interest me.

(there's also dragon quest and stuff coming to PS3, but I personally don't care)

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Hhhmmm...MS needs to announce some more games...This is looking a little bare.

Besides all the other BS people are arguing about in this thread, I agree with you.  The list is short....

It is near the end of the end....

Would like to see a few more Platformer/cartoon esq games. Everything there is quite serious.

Aisde for Screamride which I'm really exited for.

Yeah, is this real? Like someone else said, I don't see Crackdown shipping in 2015.

I do not know if the argument from before is going to continue but I will leave this post just in case. The argument has become quite heated and there been a few borderline posts so far. There is no need to flame other users if they have a different opinion. Keep it clean and keep it on topic.

Maybe two games at best ill buy, weak source. They better have some games for this year shown at e3.