By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sells are a curse.

They don't have to risk making new ips or new video games because their console will sell a lot no matter what. What made the PS3 awesome was all the new ips. Now Sony is seeing PS4 selling well without much games they will just shurg their shoulder and make the same GT, Uncharted, god of war games. Why would Sony take a risk anymore?

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

Around the Network

yeah, remember how barebone the PS2 was with games

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Nah, now they'll make more games because the games will make profits.

My 8th gen collection

chapset said:

Actually their first party games were meh at best. Only their second party games and exclusive third party games made a difference.

Somebody didnt watch PSX did they?? Did you not see the new IPs like Drawn to Death, Until Dawn, Bloodborne (technically Souls), Kill Strain, Wattam, Edith Finch, Tearaway and The Order?? All new IPs for the 8th gen my friend and its just the early days.

Around the Network

Wasn't the GoW ip born in the PS2, a console even more successful? They also published Rogue Galaxy back then, and made stuff like The Legend of Dragoon at the end of the PS1 era. Hell, they're funding Street Fighter V right now.

So your fears are really unfounded

And yet we are getting Bloodborne, Until Dawn and The Order 1886. And those are only the big true AAA exclusive titles, there are many more established franchises coming out (Uncharted 4) and many more smaller indie titles.

chapset said:

I Lol'd

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Nha... the game will released like in PS2 era.

I love Kresnik!

I know. Ever since the PS4 started setting the charts on fire all we've seen is rehash after rehash and sequel after interminable sequel: Knack, The Order, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Hohokum, Rime, Wild, Tomorrow Children, Drawn to Death, Wattam... on and on. How about some new goddamn IPs for a change?