By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sells are a curse.

sweetoothj said:
chapset said:
yeah, remember how barebone the PS2 was with games

Actually their first party games were meh at best. Only their second party games and exclusive third party games made a difference.

Ratchet & Clank trilogy

Jak trilogy

Sly Cooper trilogy

Two God of War games

Publishing (edit: and co-developing) Rogue Galaxy

Ico

Shadow of the Colossus

That's already 14 games right there. Considering the generation went from 2000 to 2006, that's an average of over 2 games per year. Again, your fears are unfounded.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
I love Kresnik!

I know. Ever since the PS4 started setting the charts on fire all we've seen is rehash after rehash and sequel after interminable sequel: Knack, The Order, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Hohokum, Rime, Wild, Tomorrow Children, Drawn to Death, Wattam... on and on. How about some new goddamn IPs for a change?

Fucking Order 1886...You're telling me they've made 1885 of these games? Talk about milking a franchise.

Yeah, I remember the olden times with the PS2 domination. Literally no games, let alone exclusives.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

badgenome said:
I love Kresnik!

I know. Ever since the PS4 started setting the charts on fire all we've seen is rehash after rehash and sequel after interminable sequel: Knack, The Order, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Hohokum, Rime, Wild, Tomorrow Children, Drawn to Death, Wattam... on and on. How about some new goddamn IPs for a change?

LOL. That was funny. I think the PS4 actually has more upcoming new IPs than sequels.

sweetoothj said:
chapset said:
yeah, remember how barebone the PS2 was with games

Actually their first party games were meh at best. Only their second party games and exclusive third party games made a difference.

God Of War, Jak & Daxter, Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Shadow Of The Colossus, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Devil May Cry, Onimusha... You're right, games so "meh" they didn't sell and aren't really popular among the Gaming community.

And I didn't even picked IPs like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tekken, etc...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
I love Kresnik!

But most of those Ips are not good (only Bloodborne and possible until dawn). Sony only made them because they didn't know how well the ps4 will do. Now they are seeing how their console is doing their is almost no incentive to take huge risks. PS3 they had to because they were hurting. The ps2 era was easier to make games because it is cheap to make.

sweetoothj said:
badgenome said:
I love Kresnik!

But most of those Ips are not good (only Bloodborne and possible until dawn). Sony only made them because they didn't know how well the ps4 will do. Now they are seeing how their console is doing their is almost no incentive to take huge risks. PS3 they had to because they were hurting. The ps2 era was easier to make games because it is cheap to make.

Lel. Like, really, top lel.

Dadrik said:
sweetoothj said:
badgenome said:
I love Kresnik!

It's funny because it is true huh.

sweetoothj said:
badgenome said:
I love Kresnik!

How do you know they are not good? Only 2 (Knack and Hohokum) have been released.

sweetoothj said:
Dadrik said:
sweetoothj said:

It's funny because it is true huh.

It's funny because they aren't out yet, and we haven't even seen that much of them, apart from Bloodborne, Until Dawn and The Order.

So yeah, your "knowledge" of the quality of these games is quite laughable.