By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edit: Anita Sarkeesian is not helping with the development of Mirrors Edge; Rejoice!

TRAVIS!!! said:

Guess she chose the wrong name for her show then!

If people were something just because they called themselves it, then this would be a completely different world now wouldn't it?

She uses feminism as a guise to disguise her own ideals, claiming gender equality while simutaneously assaulting another. Not only speaking for all men, all women, and all minorities but also immedeatly dismissing any opposition regardless of where it comes from as part of this hate group she's manufactured for herself. 

Not only is that not feminist, but it gives feminism an even worse name, and she is deliberatly doing so.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

aawww crap...I was looking forward to this game...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

TRAVIS!!! said:

I don't think you can speak for all gamers. Your idea of what a good game is, probably isn't the same for a lot of other people. Personally, I like games that have a feminist perspective, but I'm definitely not keeping you or anyone else from playing and enjoying the games you want. Games can be so many different and great things.

what does a game with a feminist perspective entail?

keep in mind that anita herself is oppressing women by suggesting that they are too weak to handle gaming controls

" In fact, she went so far as to say that women needed a whole new "simplified" control set for this game"

you see feminism itself is sexist in so many ways that its not even funny

ot i personally don't see the point of a petition as others have said its like a situation where you have a rash and make it worse by scratching it 

wait why/how is she involved in the development?

isn't it being developed in Sweden?

what do they want her for?

I signed it. Keep her far away from game development.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
TRAVIS!!! said:

Guess she chose the wrong name for her show then!

If people were something just because they called themselves it, then this would be a completely different world now wouldn't it?

She uses feminism as a guise to disguise her own ideals, claiming gender equality while simutaneously assaulting another. Not only speaking for all men, all women, and all minorities but also immedeatly dismissing any opposition regardless of where it comes from as part of this hate group she's manufactured for herself. 

Not only is that not feminist, but it gives feminism an even worse name, and she is deliberatly doing so.

I (as a male) can of course only speak for myself, but I never felt assaulted or attack by anything she said, and I mean, she even says at the beginning of some of her videos that you can still enjoy a game despite it maybe having content you dislike/disagree with. I think some people who are trying to stop her a far more aggressive than Anita and her supporters.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I have to say i just love see the misogynistic crowd go freacking insane with this , its so funny, way better than when she was in the television show, the tears are delicious lol

and a petition?

ah yes the tried and true method of silencing any criticism of feminism by calling men misogynists... yet completely ignoring the misogyny that is so common within feminism itself

bravo buddy you're following their playbook to a tee

if being critical of hypocrisy and stupidity makes me a misogynist i accept the title proudly

o_O.Q said:
TRAVIS!!! said:

I don't think you can speak for all gamers. Your idea of what a good game is, probably isn't the same for a lot of other people. Personally, I like games that have a feminist perspective, but I'm definitely not keeping you or anyone else from playing and enjoying the games you want. Games can be so many different and great things.

what does a game with a feminist perspective entail?

keep in mind that anita herself is oppressing women by suggesting that they are too weak to handle gaming controls

" In fact, she went so far as to say that women needed a whole new "simplified" control set for this game"

you see feminism itself is sexist in so many ways that its not even funny

ot i personally don't see the point of a petition as others have said its like a situation where you have a rash and make it worse by scratching it 

Overall, I'd say games with three-dimensional female characters with their own goals, choices and agencies.

And where exactly did she say that women needed simplified controls? Maybe the controls just were too complicated in general? 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I have to say i just love see the misogynistic crowd go freacking insane with this , its so funny, way better than when she was in the television show, the tears are delicious lol

and a petition?

Petitions work - Remember the petition to EA to remove all ties with KSI for his drunk mysoginistic and sexual predatorish behaivour at press conferences to women?

They severed all ties to him. #WeWon

BasiltheBatLord said:
wait why/how is she involved in the development?

isn't it being developed in Sweden?

what do they want her for?

PR stunt

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!