By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much money did Sony pay Capcom?

I mean, Street Fighter 5 won't ever come to another console. It probably won't even go to the PS5!

And about Resi Revelations 2. They're porting it to the Vita, where it will sell worse than a Wii U port. Don't say "it sold poorly on the Wii U" arguement. If you say that, why are they porting it to PS3 and 360? Those versions sold so poorly for a 160m userbase. 

Around the Network

50 billion US dollars.

Yeah, I heard they helped develop it -similar to the Nintendo/Bayo2 deal

hunders of millions.

think of it this way. PS4 is the fastest selling console in history, it will have the strong playstation legs, and will go on to break even the PS2 sales record.

now, imagine the PS5. it will destroy countries and break families apart. it will sell shit loads. and campcon making this a PS4 only game forever means they cant remaster this on the PS5. so capcom loses shit tons of money

and this isnt even considering the PS6, which will cause sony to buy mars and make its shu's personal sex palace. i mean, just remember, ports of a 17 year old game is a huge deal. so SF5 not being on PS6 is a huge blow

What about Resident Evil Revelations 2? No one answered my question.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
hunders of millions.

think of it this way. PS4 is the fastest selling console in history, it will have the strong playstation legs, and will go on to break even the PS2 sales record.

now, imagine the PS5. it will destroy countries and break families apart. it will sell shit loads. and campcon making this a PS4 only game forever means they cant remaster this on the PS5. so capcom loses shit tons of money

and this isnt even considering the PS6, which will cause sony to buy mars and make its shu's personal sex palace. i mean, just remember, ports of a 17 year old game is a huge deal. so SF5 not being on PS6 is a huge blow

Excatly my point!

I love Kresnik!

A lot. (Sony paid a lot, I mean. I don't love Kresnik a lot.) I'm assuming Sony is footing half of the development costs or so, but probably not all since it's not entirely exclusive.

Well if rumours are true they merely funded the game for capcom. If that is the case then it would be considerably less than tomb raider and titanfall

They helped the development just like they are helping in game engine of Deep down so there is close collaboration between them instead of just paying money to remove Xbox version. But tomb raider is money hat by paying to take the PS4 and PC versions and only doing Xbox one and 360 versions.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Well Sony is just rolling in cash so I'm pretty sure it was a whole lot of money. Or, it could be that micro doesn't like cross platform play (see one reason why ffxiv didnt make it to x1) and the street fighter v cross play with pc that capcom wanted was not going to be allowed. Bankrupt Sony paying for it is much more believable though.

Thanks jlmurph!