By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 console exclusive retail lineup in 2015

LudicrousSpeed said:
Graphically The Order looks great, I hope the gameplay matches. I will probably try Bloodborne as well. Is it connected to Souls at all?

I liked the more open but not really open approach to the level in the Uncharted reveal, certainly very Tomb Raider reboot-esque and a welcome throwback towards the first game. If more of it is shown like that I might buy day one.

asthetically,. very much.

story,. not at all.

some gameplay elements,. pretty close.   openish world. scripted AI.  hard as nails.

other gameplay elements,. not at all.  you can really see the change in the core gameplay mechanic from a very defenisve oriented game to a very offensive oriented game.  its pace is a lot faster because of that too.

not sure in which way you are concerned that is connected to the souls games.  i think by and large it will pull from the same audience but it will be a much different franchise only pulling select ideas from their previous work.   think like suckers punch jump from sly cooper to infamous but without as drastic of a change to asthetics.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Graphically The Order looks great, I hope the gameplay matches. I will probably try Bloodborne as well. Is it connected to Souls at all?

I liked the more open but not really open approach to the level in the Uncharted reveal, certainly very Tomb Raider reboot-esque and a welcome throwback towards the first game. If more of it is shown like that I might buy day one.

asthetically,. very much.

story,. not at all.

some gameplay elements,. pretty close.   openish world. scripted AI.  hard as nails.

other gameplay elements,. not at all.  you can really see the change in the core gameplay mechanic from a very defenisve oriented game to a very offensive oriented game.  its pace is a lot faster because of that too.

not sure in which way you are concerned that is connected to the souls games.  i think by and large it will pull from the same audience but it will be a much different franchise only pulling select ideas from their previous work.   think like suckers punch jump from sly cooper to infamous but without as drastic of a change to asthetics.

I really hope they change the story telling in Bloodbourne. Hated the way the story was presented in the souls series.

method114 said:

I really hope they change the story telling in Bloodbourne. Hated the way the story was presented in the souls series.

i loved the story telling in demon's souls.  the cut scenes were short but also unique and stylistic.  there was a cool story element if you choose to pay attention but it was subtle and unubtrustive.  

demon souls however didn't do a very good job about it.  same approach but it just didn't work somehow.

Uncharted
Bloodborne
The Order
Dragon Quest
Streetfighter V

I'm interested in quite a few on that list, but these are my must buys. Would also love to get my hands on next gen Ys as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

KyleeStrutt said:

Don't want to be THAT guy, but:
Persona 5 Also on PS3
Dragon Quest Heroes Also on PS3
Yakuza Zero Also on PS3
Godzilla Also on PS3

So technically none of those are console exclusives to PS4

Ratchet and Clank also on PS2

Around the Network

Have they ever definitively said whether RIME was a DL only, or whether it would have a retail release?

Uncharted 4
The Order 1886
Rachet and Clank
Persona 5
Bloodborne

if localized

God Eater 2
Yakuza Zero
YS

and I can not wait to see what else they have in store as well!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23