By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I got a PS4 20th Anniversary Edition!!

Tagged games:

Update: Sadly I was only able to sell it for $2500. So disappointed :(

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Assyrian612 said:
manuel said:
Assyrian612 said:
If anyone has a 20th Anniversary PS4 and is willing to negotiate I'd be willing to spend $800. I am a die hard loyal customer and I am absolutely devastated I couldn't get one. I spent hours trying and got to the confirm order page, only for them to log me out and remove my PS4 from my cart. I've been completely out of it the whole day since. I was in on this PS4 since morning and was on that tweet within seconds of post. I can't believe I am left empty handed. Like I said if anyone has any bit of good faith, please I would be willing to buy it off you. Anyway congratulations to anyone who was successfully able to purchase one! Please enjoy it.

I feel for you.

It really makes me sad that real fans who desparately want something from their favorite company get nothing and some scalpers get lucky.

Thank you my friend.. Sadly this is all Sony's doing and slowly I am starting to lose my respect and loyalty to them. This was an anniversary date and was supposed to be something that would leave good memories among all the loyalists. That is not the case. Thank you for your kind words.

dude relax. its a 'limited' edition. by definition its not supposed to be easy to get. if anything  i feel sony should have only made 4000 of them; console, tw controllers, ps gold headset, cam and stand in the box and sold it for $1000. 

and only online. i think you are totally missing the point.

How am I missing the point? You think bcuz it's "limited" they have the right to lie about the preorder details on the keynote address? No absolutely not, I will never relax. I am a loyal customer and have invested more money than most people on this site to Sony, If I want to complain I damn sure will. Idc how limited it is, this was a terribly planned move and their network is down right now according to news sites. Karma serves right.

Soonerman said:

Soonerman said:

wow,nice going,happy xmas

if you are in the steam secret santa i'll be hoping for a good game :)

Above & Beyond

CGI-Quality said:
Assyrian612 said:
Intrinsic said:

- snip

How am I missing the point? You think bcuz it's "limited" they have the right to lie about the preorder details on the keynote address? No absolutely not, I will never relax. I am a loyal customer and have invested more money than most people on this site to Sony, If I want to complain I damn sure will. Idc how limited it is, this was a terribly planned move and their network is down right now according to news sites. Karma serves right.

Except that their network being down has nothing to do with "karma". If it did, it's chasing everyone, as Xbox and Steam have both been affected within the last few weeks (and I'm sure if I dig deep enough, I can find others that have as well). Not saying you don't have a right to be upset about it, just needed to let you know that it has nothing to do with what happened with a very Limited Edition machine. As far as I'm concerned, the people who keep doing this deserve no praise at all, regardless of how "wronged" you feel. They're not helping anything whatsoever.

Yes karma serves right, Idc about other networks being down. Sony's network is down and as for blatantly lying about the preorder details, they deserved this clearly. Whether it helps anyone or not, lying to their customers was false advertising and a ploy to get more viewers. It may have no help to anything, but it puts a damn smile on my face.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Assyrian612 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Except that their network being down has nothing to do with "karma". If it did, it's chasing everyone, as Xbox and Steam have both been affected within the last few weeks (and I'm sure if I dig deep enough, I can find others that have as well). Not saying you don't have a right to be upset about it, just needed to let you know that it has nothing to do with what happened with a very Limited Edition machine. As far as I'm concerned, the people who keep doing this deserve no praise at all, regardless of how "wronged" you feel. They're not helping anything whatsoever.

Yes karma serves right, Idc about other networks being down. Sony's network is down and as for blatantly lying about the preorder details, they deserved this clearly. Whether it helps anyone or not, lying to their customers was false advertising and a ploy to get more viewers. It may have no help to anything, but it puts a damn smile on my face.

How exactly did they lie to you? What was false about the advertising? I'm now intrigued. Quite frankly, your stance says more about personal selfishness than any real go at Sony. And beyond that, the two elements have yet to show any correlation. You didn't get a Limited Edition system. I can dig the disappointment. However, you're only choosing to jump on that bandwagon because you couldn't have your way, not because what's happening here has anything to do with Limited Edition consoles (which no one was ever promised to begin with). 

So, again, it has nothing to do with karma. These things happen with/without actions from the companies they're made against.

Read up on the Playsation blog. It was promised that the preorder details would be revealed during the PSX keynote. They never were or even updated the ps blog, it was announced randomly via twitter. 150,000 people were watching the twitch broadcast all commenting about preorder details. My stance is none of your concern, quite frankly you need to keep your opinion about me to yourself. You don't know anything about me and have no right to announce who I am as a person. That says a lot more about you actually. What bandwagon are you even talking about? I don't jump on and off wagons I'm not a blind moron to play favorites, I'm simply a loyal customer. The Sony hack had nothing to do with your precious "limted edition PS4s" I get it, but they deserved it. Again karma serves right.

Assyrian612 said:

Read up on the Playsation blog. It was promised that the preorder details would be revealed during the PSX keynote. They never were or even updated the ps blog, it was announced randomly via twitter. 150,000 people were watching the twitch broadcast all commenting about preorder details. My stance is none of your concern, quite frankly you need to keep your opinion about me to yourself. You don't know anything about me and have no right to announce who I am as a person. That says a lot more about you actually. What bandwagon are you even talking about? I don't jump on and off wagons I'm not a blind moron to play favorites, I'm simply a loyal customer. The Sony hack had nothing to do with your precious "limted edition PS4s" I get it, but they deserved it. Again karma serves right.

Honestly you sound like a bitter spoilt brat or something like that. All that was said was please watch the playstation experience keynote to learn more.... if that is the basis of all your false marketing claim or that you somehow believe that the people watching the keynote were doing it just cause they wanted to buy a PS4 LE then I am sorry.

You didn't get one, 12,300 other people did. Obviously there was something those people did that you didn't. deal with it. If it were easy to get it wouldn't be a limited edition console. And lol at you being happy that sony (along with MS by the way) got hacked. Heres the thing though, the hack will/has ended. You on the other hand, still don't hae a PS4 LE and probably never will. There's ebay though if you want it that much.

Intrinsic said:
Assyrian612 said:

Honestly you sound like a bitter spoilt brat or something like that. All that was said was please watch the playstation experience keynote to learn more.... if that is the basis of all your false marketing claim or that you somehow believe that the people watching the keynote were doing it just cause they wanted to buy a PS4 LE then I am sorry.

You didn't get one, 12,300 other people did. Obviously there was something those people did that you didn't. deal with it. If it were easy to get it wouldn't be a limited edition console. And lol at you being happy that sony (along with MS by the way) got hacked. Heres the thing though, the hack will/has ended. You on the other hand, still don't hae a PS4 LE and probably never will. There's ebay though if you want it that much.

Yes that is absolutely what they did, they watched the keynote for the PS4 read the twitch comments. If you have no proof other than opinion; then shove it where the sun don't shine. Yes I am very happy Sony & Microsoft got hacked; you're not so lol at you. And yeah I didn't get a LE PS4 big deal, its existence doesn't justify anything other then being an ebay scalpathon. Spoiled brat lol please go get lost child.

Moderated - Leadified

I would love one. I feel sad.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Assyrian612 said:

Yes that is absolutely what they did, they watched the keynote for the PS4 read the twitch comments. If you have no proof other than opinion; then shove it where the sun don't shine. Yes I am very happy Sony & Microsoft got hacked; you're not so lol at you. And yeah I didn't get a LE PS4 big deal, its existence doesn't justify anything other then being an ebay scalpathon. Spoiled brat lol please go get lost child.

Lol...you're something else. For someone that doesn't thnk the PS4 is a big deal you seem to be taking it quite seriously.