By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I got a PS4 20th Anniversary Edition!!

Tagged games:

Tamron said:
dukerx2 said:
People desperately want one to actually own one to cherish it because they love PlayStation and it irks me that people do this.

If it makes you feel any better, the two tachi got are for keeps.

Yes...a little

Around the Network
Tamron said:

Got more info off of tachi, hers are 00010/12300 and 00011/12300

According to her the ones on sale at the event thay she has seen have thus far all been under 02300/12300

Also op, you should have just put it in storage and sold it in a few years, would have netted you way more.

I thought about doing that but the temptation for quick cash was big. Plus you never know what could happen. There could be a fire where I live and I lose it and get no profit. 

Assyrian, I can see that you are truly a fan and I am sorry you were not able to get one. I hope you forgive me for not being able to sell it for what you are asking. I also have bills to pay and preparing to propose my girlfriend of 3 years so any money I can get will help. I do sincerely hope you can get your hands on one for a reasonable price.

manuel said:
Assyrian612 said:
If anyone has a 20th Anniversary PS4 and is willing to negotiate I'd be willing to spend $800. I am a die hard loyal customer and I am absolutely devastated I couldn't get one. I spent hours trying and got to the confirm order page, only for them to log me out and remove my PS4 from my cart. I've been completely out of it the whole day since. I was in on this PS4 since morning and was on that tweet within seconds of post. I can't believe I am left empty handed. Like I said if anyone has any bit of good faith, please I would be willing to buy it off you. Anyway congratulations to anyone who was successfully able to purchase one! Please enjoy it.

I feel for you.

It really makes me sad that real fans who desparately want something from their favorite company get nothing and some scalpers get lucky.

Thank you my friend.. Sadly this is all Sony's doing and slowly I am starting to lose my respect and loyalty to them. This was an anniversary date and was supposed to be something that would leave good memories among all the loyalists. That is not the case. Thank you for your kind words.

Soonerman said:
Tamron said:

Got more info off of tachi, hers are 00010/12300 and 00011/12300

According to her the ones on sale at the event thay she has seen have thus far all been under 02300/12300

Also op, you should have just put it in storage and sold it in a few years, would have netted you way more.

I thought about doing that but the temptation for quick cash was big. Plus you never know what could happen. There could be a fire where I live and I lose it and get no profit. 

Assyrian, I can see that you are truly a fan and I am sorry you were not able to get one. I hope you forgive me for not being able to sell it for what you are asking. I also have bills to pay and preparing to propose my girlfriend of 3 years so any money I can get will help. I do sincerely hope you can get your hands on one for a reasonable price.

I really appreciate your response. I am not holding you responsible for any damage so no need to apologize my friend. Congratulations on your relationship and good luck with your proposal, wish you the best my friend!

I just checked the Japanese site, and here they're doing a lottery.
I wonder how many unites there are for every territory...

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
Assyrian612 said:
manuel said:
Assyrian612 said:
If anyone has a 20th Anniversary PS4 and is willing to negotiate I'd be willing to spend $800. I am a die hard loyal customer and I am absolutely devastated I couldn't get one. I spent hours trying and got to the confirm order page, only for them to log me out and remove my PS4 from my cart. I've been completely out of it the whole day since. I was in on this PS4 since morning and was on that tweet within seconds of post. I can't believe I am left empty handed. Like I said if anyone has any bit of good faith, please I would be willing to buy it off you. Anyway congratulations to anyone who was successfully able to purchase one! Please enjoy it.

I feel for you.

It really makes me sad that real fans who desparately want something from their favorite company get nothing and some scalpers get lucky.

Thank you my friend.. Sadly this is all Sony's doing and slowly I am starting to lose my respect and loyalty to them. This was an anniversary date and was supposed to be something that would leave good memories among all the loyalists. That is not the case. Thank you for your kind words.

dude relax. its a 'limited' edition. by definition its not supposed to be easy to get. if anything  i feel sony should have only made 4000 of them; console, tw controllers, ps gold headset, cam and stand in the box and sold it for $1000. 

and only online. i think you are totally missing the point.

dukerx2 said:
People desperately want one to actually own one to cherish it because they love PlayStation and it irks me that people do this.

I on't understand what the problem is, or what is wrong with people on here. The second it was annouunced that only 12,300 were bing made EVERYONE should have known this was exactly what would happen. There are scalpers for $400 consoles sold in their millions and somehow people think this would't happen with just 12, 300????

Its a limited edition, those that get it for $500 and want to sell obviouslt were in it for the money. If you really want it to won it then you should be willing to spend considerably more... or you get lucky like the very scalpers too.

Personally, at the end of the day its still the same console, if I bought one, I would have left it untouched in it box and continue using my current white PS4. I actually think the only stupid or sad thing about the people selling it now is that if they waited for like 3 or 4 years they could sell it for as much as 5 times whatever they can sell it for now.

This thing is hot. Already up to ~$1600. How much did it cost for you?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Mine is at $1525 after paying $550 with taxes in the US.

Intrinsic said:
dukerx2 said:

I on't understand what the problem is, or what is wrong with people on here. The second it was annouunced that only 12,300 were bing made EVERYONE should have known this was exactly what would happen. There are scalpers for $400 consoles sold in their millions and somehow people think this would't happen with just 12, 300????

Its a limited edition, those that get it for $500 and want to sell obviouslt were in it for the money. If you really want it to won it then you should be willing to spend considerably more... or you get lucky like the very scalpers too.

Personally, at the end of the day its still the same console, if I bought one, I would have left it untouched in it box and continue using my current white PS4. I actually think the only stupid or sad thing about the people selling it now is that if they waited for like 3 or 4 years they could sell it for as much as 5 times whatever they can sell it for now.

Yeah I knew this would happen and I understand why. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it.