By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V - PS4 will be only console it will EVER release on

teigaga said:

Yes :)

CGI-Quality sources confirmed 2 things.

1.Sony and Capcom have partnered on SFV,
2.Capcom producer last year said SFV wouldn't come til 2018.

Neither points reject my reality. My reality being that this deal was made due to financial benefits and convienience (not necessity - so not comparable to Bayonetta). Also that the only reason SFV would've been missing til 2018 is that Capcom would've kept with the money hungry laziness-insert crappy remasters, on disc DLC, re-releasing a game several times over and denying people the chance to just unlock the additonal content as DLC at its face value-instead making repurchase the whole game. 

Does my reality sound unreasonable?

As a long standing member of shoryuken, it's my belief that it was leaning more towards necessiy than convenience, and I seriously doubt I'm the only person from that site that thinks so.

Around the Network

While people are reading this as: Future versions of SFV will be multiplatform. They were already saying this before capcom came outright and said SFV would never be a multi-platform game. PS4 and PC versions can be played against each other online.

Even IF it did come to xbox, it would have to do the same thing. Microsoft hasn't been the one to do multiplatform. They've only done it once as far as I know. And that was well over 10 years ago.

Denial at it's best. I just don't see why capcom would clarify, saying that they went to Sony to get this game made faster, having it made, and then, despite all that, the Xbox One essentially gets a PS4 exclusive.

Microsoft did the same with Deadrising 3. So what. PS4 wont get it. If you want it, get an Xbox One. PS4 has SFV. It wont get Deadrising 3. Same case. If you're salty, get an Xbox One.. Otherwise, pipe down and dilute that stuff with a glass of water.

Besides. People who like SFV and have a PS4 wont be migrating back to Xbox when the "2nd Impact" version of the game comes out. It will come to PS4 too... And I say "2nd Impact" because I'm sure it wont be called super... It wont be called 2nd impact either, or else this version would be called "New Generation."

If you want the game, just get it on PS4. Sony is paying to have this game made, and if they didn't it would have added at least an extra 3 years to the waiting period.

This isn't like tomb raider.

chuckyj1 said:
This would have been a huge exclusive well (console) exclusive... 25 years ago.... By todays standards it's nice... but you wont have people buying PS4s to play this game.... Nowhere remotely close to a system seller... I wonder how much money they had to pay to tie this exclusive up... Probably better money spent elsewhere.

Because hey, It's not like SF4 has sold 8M copies or something... Wait, it did!

Megaton.

SFIV sold 7 million copies according to vgchartz.

teigaga said:
Tamron said:
teigaga said:

LMAO, just read the source about the next game taking 6-7 years to develop and I'm gonna dismiss it as the typical nonsense some of these guys shit out of their mouths. This is coming for the kings of on-disc DLC and 3 releases of the game. The two sources are an empty PR statement about how much sony and capcom love each other and then daft statement by the games producer, at the time probably trying his best to validate another few re-releases. 

Forgive my cynicism but my feelings remain the same. Maybe sony  gave them the financial incentive to make a new game instead a street fighter IV (Ultra mega PS4/X1 edition), in which case thank F*ck.

You know, this is how that post comes across?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlRVxzHUSNc

Neither points reject my reality. My reality being that this deal was made due to financial benefits and convienience (not necessity - so not comparable to Bayonetta). Also that the only reason SFV would've been missing til 2018 is that Capcom would've kept with the money hungry laziness-insert crappy remasters, on disc DLC, re-releasing a game several times over and denying people the chance to just unlock the additonal content as DLC at its face value-instead making repurchase the whole game. 

Fifa releases yearly, CoD releases yearly... SF is the same, and you actually have the option to buy the annual version or the DLC package... so why so much hate for it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
padib said:
DonFerrari said:

Are you serious??? You could use a Genesis/Snes controller to play RPG... and which RPG have you played in PS4?

What kind of question is that? I don't own a PS4 if you read my first post which you replied to...

Do you even read peoples' posts?

Yes I'm serious, the DualShock, which mostly hasn't changed since the PS1, is not something I enjoy using for fighting games. I'm "ok" with it for RPGs. I don't like to stretch out my thumb to access the analogue stick.

Am I allowed to have an opinion on this or will you get offended and say I can't be serious?

Yes I'm serious and I read your post... then I asked which game is good to be played on DS4 and you answered RPG instead of just being sincere and saying you never used one.

I know how much it changed or not since I play on playstation since 15 years ago, and on Nintendo and Sega for more than 23 years and used all the controllers.

So for me your answer sounded like DS controllers are all garbage and the most I can tolerate is RPG since I don't need to use anything on the controler besides the d-pad plus 2 buttoms... So sorry if I saw your intention on saying the DS is bad for everything.

And I'm not offended I just know you basically preffer to crap over Sony at any chance you have and uphold Nintendo to heaven. But you keep trying to deny it and making like I'm agaisnt Nintendo users and not your attitude in the forum.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
teigaga said:

Fifa releases yearly, CoD releases yearly... SF is the same, and you actually have the option to buy the annual version or the DLC package... so why so much hate for it?

I dislike the annualisation of pretty much all games but the topic of discussion is Street Fighter :)

padib said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes I'm serious and I read your post... then I asked which game is good to be played on DS4 and you answered RPG instead of just being sincere and saying you never used one.

I know how much it changed or not since I play on playstation since 15 years ago, and on Nintendo and Sega for more than 23 years and used all the controllers.

So for me your answer sounded like DS controllers are all garbage and the most I can tolerate is RPG since I don't need to use anything on the controler besides the d-pad plus 2 buttoms... So sorry if I saw your intention on saying the DS is bad for everything.

And I'm not offended I just know you basically preffer to crap over Sony at any chance you have and uphold Nintendo to heaven. But you keep trying to deny it and making like I'm agaisnt Nintendo users and not your attitude in the forum.

And somehow you understood all that from my post.

One thing has NOT changed in the dualshock since it exists, and that is the position of the analogue stick. I don't like it for fighting games I have played SFIV on the PS3 and much preferred it on the xbox.

Is an opinion allowed on a SF topic with a Sony fan calling me biased towards Nintendo? I'm sorry if I enjoy SF and I had to run into you in this thread because suddenly the franchise is now exclusive to the Playstation.

And I just asked what you like DS4 for... you limited it to a genre that control doesn't matter much... say another genre where you like DS (can be from other generations).

Actually the only thing I don't like in Nintendo is they always changing the controller, I don't need or want to learn a new map for each gen... in Playstation I know for a fact that in almost 100% games I pick if it is a platform X will jump and square hit. If it is a racing X will accelerate, square will break and circle is handbrake... on Nintendo several times I have to take some time to get used to it, not that it bothers too much but I would preffer otherwise, but won't be complaining about it. Although I also would like that Nintendo would move from cell-shaded or other cartoony graphics they preffer instead of other varied outputs... Sony have games going for all different aesthetic.

But anyway which other genres do you like to use DS?

teigaga said:
DonFerrari said:
teigaga said:

I dislike the annualisation of pretty much all games but the topic of discussion is Street Fighter :)

Me too, and I just buy one SF per gen, one Fifa and/or PES. But don't pick other annualy games.

padib said:
DonFerrari said:

And I just asked what you like DS4 for... you limited it to a genre that control doesn't matter much... say another genre where you like DS (can be from other generations).

Actually the only thing I don't like in Nintendo is they always changing the controller, I don't need or want to learn a new map for each gen... in Playstation I know for a fact that in almost 100% games I pick if it is a platform X will jump and square hit. If it is a racing X will accelerate, square will break and circle is handbrake... on Nintendo several times I have to take some time to get used to it, not that it bothers too much but I would preffer otherwise, but won't be complaining about it. Although I also would like that Nintendo would move from cell-shaded or other cartoony graphics they preffer instead of other varied outputs... Sony have games going for all different aesthetic.

But anyway which other genres do you like to use DS?

I honestly don't like the DS. So that's about it: RPGs and 2D platformers, maybe strategy RPG.

I have used it to play some of my favorite games, and got used to the analogue stick placement just to play those games (FFX, SotC) but that's it. I didn't enjoy the controller, I endured it to play the games I liked.

Anyway this topic is about SF, and that's what I talked about. I don't like the DS for Street Fighter, why do you care about all these other games the topic is not about the dual-shock.

Why did I ask about it? Because you came for the jugular against the game just because it wouldn't release for X1. And didn't even read the OP to see it were going for PC before going and complaining.