By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game will have the best visuals of 2015? Zelda U or Uncharted 4? - Uncomparable? Something will still need visuals of the year!

Best visuals of 2015?

Uncharted 4 413 40.02%

Zelda U 448 43.41%

Other ( post below) 60 5.81%

see results 56 5.43%

Too early to tell, but I ... 55 5.33%

Total:1,032

Is this even a question haha. Uncharted will be one of the best looking games for years to come. Zeldas cell shaded graphics look nice but nothing amazing. Id say zelda graphics are more comparable to rime which im sure is a psn title.

Around the Network

Uncharted looks awful. Blurry textures, zero draw distance, low polygons. The character models and animations are the only saving feature.

Moderated - Leadified

errorpwns said:
Uncharted looks awful. Blurry textures, zero draw distance, low polygons. The character models and animations are the only saving feature.

It doesn't look awful, it looks good. Just not amazing. 

I went with the 'other' option.
I feel as though they are both spectacular in the graphics department, however the comparison is unfair.
Uncharted should be compared to something of a similar style eg. Tomb Raider.

Zelda is an open world game and should be compared to something like Borderlands as they both share a more artistic direction.

Both games look phenomenal and are stellar in the style that they convey.

Both reveals were god awful. Zelda was just horseback riding and Uncharted...besides the graphics lack ambition.

Uncharted looks better, which is given considering the difference in power between the Wii U and PS4, but that's not to say Zelda looks bad.

Around the Network

Gotta love them polls

How is that even a competition? Uncharted, hands down.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Well, seeing the Uncharted 4, uncanny valley started to kick in for me, especially because of the animations. I think that we're on the period where the ambition to represent realism in games will result in high level of repulsion in some people, due to the fact that it will still be impossible to fully simulate realism.

Can't we just agree that they both look great

Aesthetics are subjective. But Naughty Dog is no slouch. I have no doubt that Uncharted 4 will graphically be in another league from Zelda... and that's a gross understatement. On top of that, Naughty Dog knows how to design great visuals. I haven't had a chance to watch the footage yet but I don't imagine I'll be able to say, "but (something) looks better in Zelda." Everything will look better in Uncharted.

That said, there will be people who prefer the way Zelda looks. Probably myself included. But I voted for Uncharted because Naughty God.