By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game will have the best visuals of 2015? Zelda U or Uncharted 4? - Uncomparable? Something will still need visuals of the year!

Best visuals of 2015?

Uncharted 4 413 40.02%

Zelda U 448 43.41%

Other ( post below) 60 5.81%

see results 56 5.43%

Too early to tell, but I ... 55 5.33%

Total:1,032

Really??

Both games are around 11 months away, and on a technical level, there will only ever be one winner in Uncharted 4. That being said, Zelda is the more artistically ambitious game, going for the "living painting" style that Zelda has began to do so brilliantly. For some people though, that will be a complete turn off, and they'll much prefer Uncharted 4's realism.

Both will hopefully be incredible games. If anything it's a sign of the creative strength of Nintendo and Sony that two radically different, but (hopefully) masterful games will be hitting the market at around the same time next year.

Around the Network

Er, this comparison isn't even vaguely justifiable.

Surprise, Uncharted 2 has better visuals than Crash Bandicoot!

You're talking about a game that looks pretty good for seventh-gen tech (Zelda U) vs. the most impressive looking eighth-gen game yet seen.

EDIT: VGC just froze up for multiple minutes and then double-posted. lol

Uncharted no contest. But quite funny that all Nintendo fans will imeadetely downplay it to "art style" being better on zelda because that is opinion and that can't be discussed.

But I seriously saw Indie games more pleaseing to look than Zelda. And the pics in this thread are quite deceiving. And UC had gameplay, details, life, richness, details far above anything possible last gen, so we can finally stop bitching about just having prettier graphics.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Honestly, Zelda.
U4 is really impressive, realistically speaking, but i didn't feel impressed by it. Didn't feel amazed when the game was revealed and wasn't impressed now.

Zelda looked even more impressive now than during E3.

But to me, visually impressive is something that can be achieved without realistic graphics. And Zelda did that

Around the Network

I honestly don't understand how anyone can say Zelda with a straight face. Some made it clear that it's Zelda because it has a better art style and that's fair since that's subjective. Graphically though, Uncharted is way ahead.

Uncharted 4 but Zelda U looks really good, so far best looking game for Wii U.

Uncharted 4, but then again comparing them is not fair given the difference in artstyles.

Nah, not a fair comparison. Both are visually stunning in their own style of art. Id give them both a high praise and id recommend them both

DonFerrari said:
Uncharted no contest. But quite funny that all Nintendo fans will imeadetely downplay it to "art style" being better on zelda because that is opinion and that can't be discussed.

But I seriously saw Indie games more pleaseing to look than Zelda. And the pics in this thread are quite deceiving. And UC had gameplay, details, life, richness, details far above anything possible last gen, so we can finally stop bitching about just having prettier graphics.

Uncharted 4 is just the same as the other Uncharted games with better graphics. I watched the demo of UC4 and saw nothing that couldn't be done on last gen consoles. The AI can't aim if their life depended on it and they don't even bother ducking. 
I don't think Uncharted 4 looks special, but it does look better than Zelda obviously. I don't see a huge difference with UC4 and let's say GoW 3/Ascension. That's a compliment to the latter, still an amazing looking game to this date.